`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Org Question: RC vs (RC)

Org Question: RC vs (RC)
i see RC and (RC) in the org filter all the time, but i don't understand the difference, if any? anybody know what this is about?
[Image: m3OLcuF.png]
Sig by: jbel4331 / STL Cardinals & Rams Collector

RE: Org Question: RC vs (RC)
I'm not 100 percent, but it looks to me the (RC) has the RC symbol on the card, but is not actually the true rookie card.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

There have been threads about this if you want to search. It's kind of complicated but the RC/(RC) thing stems from a rule MLB issued in 2006 that stated a player can't have a RC card with a RC logo until they've played in the majors. The (RC) comes in to play for players who were caught "in between" the implementation of the rule.

For example:
Robinson Cano 2003 RC cards. 2005 actual MLB debut. He debuted before this 2006 rule so his 2003 RCs still stand.

Hanley Ramirez 2003 RC cards. 2006 actual MLB debut. Now his 2006 cards are (RC)s which indicates this is when his RC should have been with the new rule.

Newer players after 2006 now have their 1st cards (from Bowman products for example) not considered to be RCs anymore
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

Yep different people have different opinions but as far as Beckett is concerned you have it correct.

RC = True Rc

(RC) = Rookie Logo but not an actual true rookie

As a rule of thumb I just collect every card with a RC Logo just to be safe. But then you have instances like last year where Jemile Weeks had a Rc card in the base topps set but no RC logo for whatever reason.

Yeah, RCs can get complicated.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!