`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Does anybody else do this (MJ RC REALATED)

Does anybody else do this (MJ RC REALATED)
I have a question... Maybe I'm the only one who does this & will make a fool of myself, but I just gotta ask....

* Does anybody else who's a grown man like me (I'm 27 now) ever just sit and stare at a Jordan RC in amazement lol???? I mean I've been lucky enough to own a few in my life & have probably owned at least one in total for a combined 5 years now...... But that card WAS my childhood as far as dreams went... It's the one card that NEVER gets old & still makes me get goosebumps thinking about what it represents & it's history.... Ok yeah sounds stupid & childish, but I just had to ask lol!!

RE: Does anybody else do this (MJ RC REALATED)
I dont...because i donr have one *cries*
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

The thing I like the most is that there is only 1 true basketball RC. It wasn't until the 1989-90 season that players started to have more than 1 with the introduction of Hoops to go along with Fleer.

Kobe has 21 - Lebron has 62 - Durant has 33

And this doesn't count all of the inserts and parallels from their rookie year either.

I am not saying it is necessarily a bad thing. There are more collector's now and alot of people with different checking account levels who have a chance to own a nice Lebron or Durant RC even though they don't have $500 or $1000 to spend on it.

When you tell someone you have a Jordan RC they never have to ask you which one.
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

Haha I can admit that I have been in this club. I am 30 now and recently got my first MJ RC as a wedding present (3.5 years ago). I got it graded recently and it came back a BGS 7 (stupid centering). Since it was a present, I often just set it out and stare. That and my MJ auto I pulled myself. When I was a kid these two cards (The MJ RC and any auto) were so far out of my reach I never thought I would own either. I was very lucky in this that the RC was free and the auto came out of an $80 dollar box. Neither I had to break the bank to own. When I think of buying either card now, I probably wouldnt because it would be hard to justify spending $500+ on either (probably could get an auto for cheaper though). But yes, I do stare and think it is pretty cool to have a RC regardless of the lower grade.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

(02-11-2013, 09:02 PM)briankort Wrote: The thing I like the most is that there is only 1 true basketball RC. It wasn't until the 1989-90 season that players started to have more than 1 with the introduction of Hoops to go along with Fleer.

Kobe has 21 - Lebron has 62 - Durant has 33

And this doesn't count all of the inserts and parallels from their rookie year either.

I am not saying it is necessarily a bad thing. There are more collector's now and alot of people with different checking account levels who have a chance to own a nice Lebron or Durant RC even though they don't have $500 or $1000 to spend on it.

When you tell someone you have a Jordan RC they never have to ask you which one.
Some might confuse "hey check out my MJ RC" with the Star Version now a days. .lol

Back to the OP, I've done itSmile I'm 35 and have sine pulled a Topgun1983. The sit in my glass display case in the man cave. I go in there at least one a day to my "routine security check." LOL. And i love itSmile

I unfortunately don't have one yet but I know growing up that was the dream. I'm 24 (25 next month) and that was the holy grail to me, especially being a basketball player myself. One day she will be mine!
[Image: VSiDkeU.png]

Guilty as charged I do it all the time
[Image: 6C3028DA-222D-46AB-98B7-BD7D0829F4B5-819...1b74d5.jpg]

My fiance finds it incredibly weird that I just sit there staring at my cards. I tell her it's like studying beautiful artwork!

I'm the same way with my Ewing Fleer RC. And likely will be the same with the Star XRC .... when i eventually get one!

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.