`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What does everyone do with their base cards?

What does everyone do with their base cards?
So I'm quickly figuring out that buying boxes will lead to lots of base cards. What the heck do you do with all these things? I could list the stars that people are likely to collect on ebay but selling base cards at a buck or two sounds exhausting. I thought about lumping them into team lots and then selling them once they reach a hundred or so.

RE: What does everyone do with their base cards?
I keep my base cards in my collection, personally.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

I will take my doubles and list them on here (I'm a set collector mostly so I do a lot of low end trades). Once I hit 3 or more of the same card I give them to my kids.
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

If I buy enough of a product or really like it then I build sets. If you are buying newer products you can always put them up for sale as a lot (or a PICK * number of cards lot). Set collectors will buy these up as it is usually an easy an inexpensive way to finish off or fill in sets. Just don't expect to get much money for the base cards.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I have 18 2012 GQ minis if you want them lol

I keep them in my collection and try to build sets or trade for PC base cards.
[Image: Screenshot2012-08-02at100731PM.png]

(02-05-2013, 11:09 PM)djohn Wrote: Set collectors will buy these up as it is usually an easy an inexpensive way to finish off or fill in sets. Just don't expect to get much money for the base cards.
I don't. Thats one of the things I was asking, would they sell quicker by team or by set?

(02-05-2013, 11:11 PM)barry6124 Wrote: I don't. Thats one of the things I was asking, would they sell quicker by team or by set?
For me I like when sellers list what doubles they have and you get to pick which ones you need. EX. 15 cards for 5.00 I have these # for sale.
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

give them to charities, or send them to me and ill put them on ebay, and 100% of the sale price goes to pediatric cancer care and research

give them to my boy mostly. He enjoys them.
[Image: mP9e9L.png]