`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Albert Pujols Rookie Card Question - SP Authentic

Albert Pujols Rookie Card Question - SP Authentic
Pujols 2001 SP Authentic RC is numbered to /1250. He also has a Limited version numbered to /50.

I have seen a version where the serial number is missing. Is this more rare and more valuable or not a big deal and worth less or the same as his numbered cards?

It is listed in the BGS Registry but not available in the Beckett Price Guide.

I tried Googling it but found nothing. Any help would be great.
[Image: Untitled_zpsec8eef53.jpg]

I be collecting BGS Jeter RC's & Tom Seaver (Mets Uniform) Autos/Patches

My PC Bucket.

http://s944.photobucket.com/albums/ad281/mjkata78/

RE: Albert Pujols Rookie Card Question - SP Authentic
May just be a printing flaw similar to when a player's name isn't foil stamped on.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

(01-29-2013, 05:24 PM)nyyankeesfan28 Wrote: May just be a printing flaw similar to when a player's name isn't foil stamped on.
Yeah I kinda figured that but I was hoping someone had some info on the rarity of it. Can't find any info on it anywhere Sad

My PC Bucket.

Bump it just once to see if anyone else might know.....

My PC Bucket.

Maybe left overs?
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

The non serial numbered one would be a printing error, a fake, or the foil on the serial number didn't take to the card. Being that its Pujols I am sure someone would pay more for it if they are a hardcore collector of his stuff. My guess is printing error. The card came out in 2001. If there was an error or different version of it we would know about it. Beckett has just about every baseball card made by an MLB licensed company known to man in their database. This may be a question for Chris Olds. Send him this one in his rolling thread at the top where the Mods post.

(01-30-2013, 10:47 PM)joba the clark Wrote: The non serial numbered one would be a printing error, a fake, or the foil on the serial number didn't take to the card. Being that its Pujols I am sure someone would pay more for it if they are a hardcore collector of his stuff. My guess is printing error. The card came out in 2001. If there was an error or different version of it we would know about it. Beckett has just about every baseball card made by an MLB licensed company known to man in their database. This may be a question for Chris Olds. Send him this one in his rolling thread at the top where the Mods post.
Sounds good. Posted the question in his thread above. The reason why I'm trying to find out is because I recently purchased a BGS 10 on Ebay a couple days ago. There are 2 in the registry and only 1 Pristine 10 with the missing serial number.

I have not seen any other BGS 10's sold but see average asking prices of $850 on the ones numbered to /1250

I got mine much cheaper than that so I don't know if I got a good deal or not based on the missing serial number aspect.

My PC Bucket.