`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Beware of Ryanmo5 another Bad Trader/Thief

RE: Beware of Ryanmo5 another Bad Trader/Thief
Since bad/slow trading seems to be an epidemic on here lately (I had the SAME trade go wrong 3 TIMES with the same guy!) ...

There's this new thing that's all the rage in safe trading these days!

It's called ... wait for it ... DELIVERY CONFIRMATION! ... And it's FREE with PayPal shipping, just $1.64 for a 3-ounce package!

If you want to do it the old-fashioned way and stand in line at the post office, it's really expensive. It costs ... wait for it ... 85 cents!

Good lord, is it that difficult, everybody? Honestly? Really? Seriously?

And guess what?

S--T HAPPENS TO EVERYBODY! STOP USING IT AS AN EXCUSE!

You know what helps, if it does? COMMUNICATE!

And, predictably, some of you will come back and blast me for this.

But it needed to be said. There are WAY too many of these "calling out" threads, justified or not.

All they do is add two more members to the list I don't want to trade with — the guy who calls out, and the guy who gets called out.

(01-22-2013, 08:08 PM)bgt masters of tikid Wrote: You were in the right. Maybe I'm old school but calling people good/awesome traders who left people hanging with little to no contact for over a month is ridiculous. Apparently its starting to be an epidemic around here. I will give props to the moderators for starting to clean it up and slap MSF tags on really slow shippers who don't communicate and to Ryan for owning up to it. To theon't let a few people bully you,
I know i did nothing wrong and really dont care what others want to say about me calling out him. I have 900 plus trades on here and my record speaks for itself. Just because you make 1000 posts on here doesnt make you the boss. À month before getting an answer is long enough in my book. Thanks for post tikid.
Detroit Tigers Set Collector
Justin Verlander Miguel Cabrera Al Kaline Ty Cobb

(01-22-2013, 08:08 PM)bgt masters of tikid Wrote: You were in the right. Maybe I'm old school but calling people good/awesome traders who left people hanging with little to no contact for over a month is ridiculous. Apparently its starting to be an epidemic around here. I will give props to the moderators for starting to clean it up and slap MSF tags on really slow shippers who don't communicate and to Ryan for owning up to it. To the OP don't let a few people bully you, you did nothing wrong.
I'm torn here though because the other person swears he responded to all the PMs and said he told the OP the situation. Someone's lying here.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

(01-22-2013, 08:23 PM)ringers1993 Wrote: I know i did nothing wrong and really dont care what others want to say about me calling out him. I have 900 plus trades on here and my record speaks for itself. Just because you make 1000 posts on here doesnt make you the boss. À month before getting an answer is long enough in my book. Thanks for post tikid.
And by the way, I'm not getting on you specifically for calling him out.

I've never traded with you, but based on your record you'd probably be a great trader, and I'm sure we'd have no issues— then again, apparently so is the other guy (ryanmo) that everybody is defending so vigorously.

So, to be safe, I just choose not to deal with either party, which is a shame, because you guys probably have some awesome stuff.

What I'm saying is, these types of threads — again, justified or not, and it sounds like yours was certainly justified — shouldn't have to happen.

I just wish it was mandatory (not that Beckett could enforce it) to use delivery confirmation — it would eliminate 95 percent of these.

(01-22-2013, 08:31 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: And by the way, I'm not getting on you specifically for calling him out.

I've never traded with you, but based on your record you'd probably be a great trader, and I'm sure we'd have no issues— then again, apparently so is the other guy (ryanmo) that everybody is defending so vigorously.

So, to be safe, I just choose not to deal with either party, which is a shame, because you guys probably have some awesome stuff.

What I'm saying is, these types of threads — again, justified or not, and it sounds like yours was certainly justified — shouldn't have to happen.

I just wish it was mandatory (not that Beckett could enforce it) to use delivery confirmation — it would eliminate 95 percent of these.

Your right DC is a must and so is communication. Ringers has always been a stand up guy. I just feel guys jump too quick with these call outs.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

(01-22-2013, 08:33 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: Your right DC is a must and so is communication. Ringers has always been a stand up guy. I just feel guys jump too quick with these call outs.
Yeah, I just hate to see them, that's all.

Look at it this way — there is nothing good that comes from a call-out (other than hopefully getting your cards) ... because either you're right and somebody has been screwing other members, or you're jumping to conclusions and smearing someone's rep.

I mean, if the call-out is justified, then I guess you're helping other people not get hosed on future deals, but that's about the only "bright side."

And believe me, I got KILLED on the football board for calling a guy out last summer ... even though I knew he was shopping my end on other sites and on the bay, and that he never intended to send my end.

My only mistake was not contacting a mod first, but even when I finally did it didn't help.

His demise came when he openly posted about screwing me, then cussed out a bunch of members who got on his case, then got banned ... then the police showed up at his house and got my card back for me.

Of course, nobody that got on my case ever PMd me or replied that they were sorry they hammered me, but hey, that's the risk I took.