Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
77K for this card?

77K for this card?
What am missing here?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/97-98-Flair-Show...7675.l2557

RE: 77K for this card?
and it was almost all shill bids too many bidders with a high bid percentage rate for that seller 66%,36%,71%, etc...
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

How do you figure up the percentage? I've always been curious.

(01-22-2013, 05:36 PM)shezdoni Wrote: and it was almost all shill bids too many bidders with a high bid percentage rate for that seller 66%,36%,71%, etc...
[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.

(01-22-2013, 05:39 PM)englandhousehold Wrote: How do you figure up the percentage? I've always been curious.
Click on the bids to see the bidding details. Then click on the individual bidders and it will bring you to details for that bidder including "Bid activity (%) with this seller". Keep in mind though that the bid activity is only for the past 30 days, and the percentage is calculated by the total number of bids. In other words if that buyer hasn't bid on any other auctions in the past month then he will have 100% bid activity with that seller. Similarly if the bidder has bid on 1 auction every day from a different seller (i.e. 30 different seller's auctions), but then bids 30 times on this auction (simply slowly increasing his bid), then he will show 50% bid activity with the seller. So the percentage can be a bit misleading without checking out the full bid history.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Ah thank you.

(01-22-2013, 05:48 PM)djohn Wrote: Click on the bids to see the bidding details. Then click on the individual bidders and it will bring you to details for that bidder including "Bid activity (%) with this seller".
[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.

Also if someone is trying to combine shipping by bidding on multiple auctions it will slant their bid activity percentage. I find it very misleading to simply assume that someone who has a high bid activity with a particular seller is shilling.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

This is a shill, you will see the card listed again maybe a few more times over the next year until they sucker some rich penny fan into bidding more than $10K when is seems to be a good deal since it has sold that high so many times. That is if they don't make an in-person sale with the inflated sale history.

The high end shillers like this operate on the long term goal in mind with this kind of high overhead. Hey, I love that people bite on things like this sometimes... it keeps the value in the hobby more so than most of us would like to admit.

(01-22-2013, 06:52 PM)dntuwsh Wrote: This is a shill, you will see the card listed again maybe a few more times over the next year until they sucker some rich penny fan into bidding more than $10K when is seems to be a good deal since it has sold that high so many times. That is if they don't make an in-person sale with the inflated sale history.

The high end shillers like this operate on the long term goal in mind with this kind of high overhead. Hey, I love that people bite on things like this sometimes... it keeps the value in the hobby more so than most of us would like to admit.
+1
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!