`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Card protection Advice needed

Card protection Advice needed
Hi. I haven't been collecting cards that long but i have a decent collection. What i would like to know from everyone is the best way to protect my cards long term. Currently i have the cards in a plastic sleeve inside a topload cardloader and stored in boxes. Just wondering how everyone else protects their cards..Should i go the next step and put the toploader in a sealable plastic sleeve?

RE: Card protection Advice needed
I grade mine for protection.

(01-18-2013, 10:16 PM)rocketman818 Wrote: Hi. I haven't been collecting cards that long but i have a decent collection. What i would like to know from everyone is the best way to protect my cards long term. Currently i have the cards in a plastic sleeve inside a topload cardloader and stored in boxes. Just wondering how everyone else protects their cards..Should i go the next step and put the toploader in a sealable plastic sleeve?
[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.

Graded is the best option for your best cards... And my favorite other option is a magnetic, then a team bag to protect the magnetic...

Well i was kind of thinking of my entire colllection. Some cards may only be worth $5 but i would still like to protect them the best way...I get the best cards graded but a majority are worth less than $10 and i have over 700 cards..

I understand what you mean, my pc guy I graded all the rc, the autos, and low numbered stuff. The rest go in loaders into a cardboard card box.

(01-18-2013, 10:45 PM)rocketman818 Wrote: Well i was kind of thinking of my entire colllection. Some cards may only be worth $5 but i would still like to protect them the best way...I get the best cards graded but a majority are worth less than $10 and i have over 700 cards..
[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.

Penny sleeve, Toploader, and team bag for me. Like others I get my RC's, autos and higher end stuff graded ... eventually in the meantime its as stated above. I dont like Magnetics or screwdowns as I have had cards stick to them when removing them to be graded with leaves them ruined. Atleast when they stick in the penny sleeve they dont tear off part of the foil.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

For my high end and Phins pc , I like mag holders and graded self sealing bags to protect the mags. everything else gets penny sleeves and top loaders .... then a team bag to took dust and crap from getting in the top.

off topic... why would anyone rate this thread 2 stars? what is the point of down-rating a helpful thread like this one?

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

(01-19-2013, 09:07 AM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: For my high end and Phins pc , I like mag holders and graded self sealing bags to protect the mags. everything else gets penny sleeves and top loaders .... then a team bag to took dust and crap from getting in the top.

off topic... why would anyone rate this thread 2 stars? what is the point of down-rating a helpful thread like this one?

I concur with phinz & brane for the low end and Phinz and I think alike for the high end Smile

[Image: IMG_2583.jpg]

(01-20-2013, 01:22 AM)hazezofgreen Wrote: I concur with phinz & brane for the low end and Phinz and I think alike for the high end Smile

[Image: IMG_2583.jpg]
Why is the Marino face down???? Show that baby off lol.

To the OP I use penny sleeves, top loaders and team bags. I think a BGS slab is the best form of protection although the cases crack fairly easy. Not in a way to damage the card but little hairline fractures that annoys me!
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341