Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
LCS Horror stories

RE: LCS Horror stories
Here's two for you....

I lived in Pensacola for 6 years. I used to do selling (and buying) at the T & W flea market there. When Shaq's rookie stuff came out, I was dying to get his Hoops rookie. I bought a bunch of packs from one box, nope. Guy opened a new box, bought all but the last pack, ran out of money. I'll let you guess what the last pack had in it
[Image: KGrHqVrUFDfwEQBBBQ6M7bzjVw60_12.jpg]
(This is not an actual photo, but a representation of the card)

The only card shop I knew in Pensacola had one of these:
[Image: 2b.jpg]
This was the card of my dreams! He was asking 260 dollars but I talked him down to 200. I would have to scrimp and save every penny I could to get this card, times were tough for me back then. After almost 8 months, I finally had the money, and went to the store, only to see.....it was gone. Someone had come in and bought it. Sad

I guess this story sorta has a happy ending though. I ended up pulling one from a 10 cent pack three years ago at a flea market, and the picture is of the one I have
[Image: 2a1aA.jpg]

ive got a couple.

99-00 i think was the year and i was buying legends basketball. pulled a kobe jersey, bird jersey and a bird/mj jersey. figured the boxes were dead and moved onto another product.

random dude comes in one day, asked what they look like and the owner grabbed the top pack and opened it to show him, jordan final floor auto 1/1

same shop, wwf fleer wrestlemania. left 4-6 packs in a box, sat there for months. next 2-3 sets come out, i destroy those, leave the old packs. finally someone had come in and bought them, lip service card that sold for 400.

last one

headed to one shop to buy 2010 contenders, shop didnt have any and instead of going down the road to see if they had any, i stayed and blew my money on other crap.

same day, guy goes into the other shop, buys some contenders and pulls the sam bradford gold card. i felt like running into traffic after that one
[Image: cooperbanner.gif]
Supercollecting Gators/Eagles WR Riley Cooper....Bring me whatever you have. 230/265 87% Looking for the black Elite Plate and any Coopers I don't have.

lol these stories do make it a little easier..

My luck has just been terrible lately. I swear all i pull are bengals rookies and coby fleener..
[Image: simmons_iliustration_g_mp_640.jpg&w=640&h=360]

I only have one story I can remember. Back when Lebron was a rc my lcs had I think it was SP Signature. It only had like 6 packs a box and was $20 a pack. The box sat there for like 2 months and nobody bought a single one. One day, I figured what the heck, you get something in every pack so I figured Id go try my luck at a couple packs. I get to the store only to find out the owner decided to open the box for himself that very morning since it sat so long. He pulled a lebron rc auto /100 that sold for a crap ton. Who knows if I would have pulled it but my chances would have been good.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

OK, I have two on the good side ...

1) I'm a Tigers fan, and there were four packs left of 2006 Bowman baseball at the LCS.

The owner said "I'm pretty sure the autograph hasn't come out of the box yet."

Literally, as I was opening the second pack I was telling him how Cameron Maybin was a huge Tigers prospect at that time, and in the middle of the pack was ... a Cameron Maybin auto.

I still bought the last two packs, just to be safe. LOL

2) The same LCS had two 2006 Donruss Classics football boxes left.

I only had enough for one, and I had been drooling over the Reggie Bush "Significant Signatures" rookie auto online for a few weeks by that point.

When I pulled it, it actually took like 10 seconds to register (because I had seen it so many times online already) that I was actually holding one.

Man, if I had picked the other box and found out that someone else pulled the Bush auto, I would've gone catatonic.

RE: LCS Horror storries
(01-16-2013, 10:12 AM)swjrp10 Wrote: "Do you want to pick it out? Some guys have a way of picking packs out, they squeeze um or something"
That's pretty darn low.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.