`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Canadian Beginner Collector looking for advice.

RE: Canadian Beginner Collector looking for advice.
Comc.com like England said or just search "Von Miller Lot" or "Calvin Johnson lot" on eBay and refine the search for "Buy It Now" and "Price + shipping = lowest first". Quick easy way to start off for fairly cheap. I just started super collecting jamaal charles and ive got 47 different (65 total) cards that way in a matter of about 2 weeks and ive only spent about $30
[Image: desmond_trufant_zpsf20c3d16.jpg]
RC - 16/29
Auto - 39/213
Mem - 2/9
1/1s - 7
Total -89/476 / 18%

Pbean, I'm from Montréal! There isnt any football Card shop here, all about hockey Sad

COMC is awesome... Also Beckett marketplace...

(01-17-2013, 06:19 PM)Steelhawks Wrote: Pbean, I'm from Montréal! There isnt any football Card shop here, all about hockey Sad
yeh, same here in the Toronto area ..... 401Games has a great selection at prices the same as the U.S. (PM me if you can't find them on FB or Google) and I think they'll ship to you if you need .....

Expo has two shows in Toronto (one Spring, one Fall) and it's definitely a must to see and experience Smile

As for shops in your area, sorry don't know of any off hand but I will ask around for you Smile

Pricing can really vary on boxes, do your research to make sure you don't over pay, our "local" shop is about 75% higher than 401 ..... we'll drive the hour and a half to save our hard earned $$$ Wink

A note when buying from the U.S. dealers, do not have packages shipped via courier ..... make sure they use Post only ..... UPS, FedEx etc. charge exorbitant brokerage fees (UPS is like $40) and Post only charges $5 Smile

Don't waste your money on blasters at Wally World ..... we don't have the same selection they have in the U.S. ..... you will not get the same "success" you'll see posted in the Box Breaks forum here Sad

If we can help we are only a PM away, will gladly help you find your way when we can ..... enjoy your new love for the hobby Smile

Busting can be fun but also very expensive. Not to mention frustrating if you keep getting "hits" of guys like Michael Egnew and Isaiah Pead. If you are going to buy boxes and trade, as well as spend $$ on single cards, then one thing I will say is spend your money on the nicer cards, and trade for the low end stuff. Otherwise, if all you are interested in is Miller and Johnson, then you can get really nice stuff of theirs for the cost of a few hobby boxes.
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)