`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KC peoples!

KC peoples!
i'm thinking about taking another trip down to KC to catch some games this year and wondered if you knew when single game tix go on sale? and/or any good hotels.

looking for may 25th - 27th. also, any nice sight seeing spots? i already plan on going back to the Negro HOF. but other suggestions welcome.
[Image: m3OLcuF.png]
Sig by: jbel4331 / STL Cardinals & Rams Collector

RE: KC peoples!
There is supposed to be a cool WWI museum there, but I haven't been able to find it. I think we are going to try and go that weekend too. As far as single season tickets, I believe they post this later in February, but I'm not certain. I'm not from there, but I have spent plenty of time in the KC area. I don't stay at the hotels that are right next to the stadium. Depending on your transportation, I would get on priceline and get a nicer hotel a little further away from the stadium.

If Priceline doesn't work I tend to use Hotwire as my go to for hotels.

The WW1 museum is at the Liberty Memorial - it is very cool. Right across from crown center
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

Yup - it is a very good museum to go to - and what the above poster said - liberty memorial in downtown kc.

Oklahoma Joe's BBQ. You can thank me later Smile.
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

Negro League Hall of Fame sounds awesome!
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

If you're looking for something to do after the game or just some great nightlife, head up to the Westport area. Spent a lot of time...and $$$...there during my KU days. Gotta lot of good stories that took place at Kelly's!

And I've never been to Oklahoma Joe's, though I've heard great things, Gates was always my favorite! And you can't go wrong with Arthur Bryant's either.

Good luck & have fun! KC is a great city!
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

(01-24-2013, 10:37 AM)Krangry Wrote: Oklahoma Joe's BBQ. You can thank me later Smile.
went there last time. heaven.
[Image: m3OLcuF.png]
Sig by: jbel4331 / STL Cardinals & Rams Collector

(01-25-2013, 06:06 PM)phreakyq Wrote: went there last time. heaven.
Rosedale's BBQ! Even better
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney