Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
How do you display your cards?

RE: How do you display your cards?
I love that chest did you build that?

(01-13-2013, 03:23 PM)osujeffrey Wrote: ChiBears, that Room is amazing! To say the least I am jealous!
Unfortunately due to space and fear my children may involve my cards in a "Halo Battle" I have limited space so I made this storage box out of some scrap pine from Home Depot..
The box has four levels:
1 in the lid my Muhammad Ali & Jimmy Stewart Autograph pictures
2 a shadow box with an assortment of never move PC items
3 a small slotted tray to hold top loaders, Beckett issues and some Memoribillia
4 the bottom has rows for about 500 top loaders and a section for my vintage binders of football

Since I don't buy any new product and only upgrade my vintage it is a nice way to store a collection that will not increase in size much...
[Image: e697156d.jpg]
[Image: a922efec.jpg]
[Image: e73fe2cd.jpg]
[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.

(01-13-2013, 04:40 PM)englandhousehold Wrote: I love that chest did you build that?
Thanks,
Yes I built it in the garage. Took up woodworking as a hobby (outside of cardboard) about five years ago.
Started making "sea chests" and Shadowboxes for fellow sailors retiring from the Navy and finally designed one for myself..
It took about 2 weeks and 150 in lumber/hardware, I appreciate the compliment, thanks..
Collecting Vintage football and all things Mickey Mantle.
[Image: th_598ff54f.jpg]

(01-13-2013, 03:23 PM)osujeffrey Wrote: ChiBears, that Room is amazing! To say the least I am jealous!
Unfortunately due to space and fear my children may involve my cards in a "Halo Battle" I have limited space so I made this storage box out of some scrap pine from Home Depot..
The box has four levels:
1 in the lid my Muhammad Ali & Jimmy Stewart Autograph pictures
2 a shadow box with an assortment of never move PC items
3 a small slotted tray to hold top loaders, Beckett issues and some Memoribillia
4 the bottom has rows for about 500 top loaders and a section for my vintage binders of football

Since I don't buy any new product and only upgrade my vintage it is a nice way to store a collection that will not increase in size much...
[Image: e697156d.jpg]
[Image: a922efec.jpg]
[Image: e73fe2cd.jpg]
Mmmmmmmmmmmm...................
THIS case is MONEY! Loving this to say the least osujeffrey!!!
wow..
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

(01-13-2013, 10:45 PM)chibearsboy Wrote: Mmmmmmmmmmmm...................
THIS case is MONEY! Loving this to say the least osujeffrey!!!
wow..
Ditto! That Chest is awesome! If you wanna make another one let me know lol
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

My house had bookshelves, a desk and cabinets/drawers in one of the rooms, so I'm utilizing those right now. Used some wood trim to allow me to display multiple rows on the shelves. Also rocking some 70's wood panel walls and carpet.

[Image: DSC00333.jpg]

[Image: DSC00334.jpg]

[Image: DSC00337.jpg]

[Image: DSC00338.jpg]

[Image: DSC00341.jpg]

Really like what eveyone else has done too! OSU's chest is sweet and Chibear's room is awesome!

Chibear's could use a little less Blue & Orange and more Green & Yellow, but that's about the only flaw. Wink
[Image: alanch-1.png]
-Banner Courtesy of rogue655-

Jim Leonhard Needs:
2005 Longevity Holofoil /25
2009 SPx Super Scripts Autographs Eight /8

Joel Effertz Needs:
2013 Bowman Draft Black Paper /1, Black Plate /1, Cyan Plate /1

hey guys lemme offer a tip.. some of these huge display cases are really nice..BUT.. Please use these display cases ONLY in rooms that do not have windows. Over time, your cards will fade due to sunlight. The sun changes position all day long which causes the sun to shine through a window at various angles. Even your regular household fluorescent light will fade cards over a long period of time. (Thats why museums don't let you use flash photography when taking pictures of paintings, etc.) . Please be careful. I would recommend that you use FADE RESISTANT GLASS in front of your display cases in order to protect your cards.

boxes in toploaders for my pc. boxes in sleeves for all else. like you, i havnt figured a display yet. but i do have a couple signed jsys and my superbowl xxxiv team in frames.
[Image: morepics012.jpg]
[Image: morepics009.jpg]
BECKETT SUPER COLLECTOR MAY 2010. COLLECTING KURT WARNER & MARSHALL FAULK. also looking for: tom nutten, fred miller, any card. view my warner/faulk collection at: www.photobucket.com/collectrams

LOVE THE Man Caves!!
Some day... I will have mine! It may only be a "Man Closet"... But it will happen..

Thanks for the kind words about the box I built..
I would lve to make some more, but I am currently living in the UK, where my wife is from...
Collecting Vintage football and all things Mickey Mantle.
[Image: th_598ff54f.jpg]

This is just the corner where my desk is.... adding 2 more shelves 1 on the top and 1 below the bottom and then painting em black Smile

[Image: 25EF8039-61C0-4CB8-8F71-396D7866D2E2-576...65B6B5.jpg]
[Image: 61B763A4-E1D1-4CDB-A78E-C3FB968076EC-576...01010C.jpg]

These are going in the empty frames someday....
[Image: 7591B2FC-A242-4B34-95C2-941D1273E63B-576...4F1E35.jpg]

And got 2 shelves like this for the mcfarlanes...

[Image: 37DF3D57-DB7B-4AF3-B029-5FF3E1E2208B-576...73023C.jpg]

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's