`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What should UD & Panini do now that Hockey's Back?

What should UD & Panini do now that Hockey's Back?
Now that we're gonna have an NHL season, what should Upper Deck & Panini do in their remaining products to get people interested again?

I think they should:

1. Lower prices of their products, (no brainer here)
2. More autographs & patches in the packs
3. More "quality" autographs. Not every rookie needs an autographed card & there are also plenty of 2nd & 3rd year star players that could have more signatures out in the market, (Seguin, Hall, Eberle, etc.) Likewise, there are a lot of 2nd & 3rd year players that don't need any more autographed cards as the demand is just not there.
4. More promotions such as ticket giveaways to their local teams randomly inserted in packs, (how cool would it be to open a pack of cards & find a redemption for 2 tickets to a Wings, Rangers, Leafs or (your team here) game where you can go on UD or Panini, link to the NHL Schedule of your team of choice & pick a date to go?)

Any other suggestions?

RE: What should UD & Panini do now that Hockey's Back?
Make Rookie Anthology, UD2 and a Score update set for sure. As for #3, you mean those Drayson Bowman stickers aren't quality enough for the $1 bin?

(01-06-2013, 09:43 PM)azicet Wrote: Now that we're gonna have an NHL season, what should Upper Deck & Panini do in their remaining products to get people interested again?

I think they should:

1. Lower prices of their products, (no brainer here)
2. More autographs & patches in the packs
3. More "quality" autographs. Not every rookie needs an autographed card & there are also plenty of 2nd & 3rd year star players that could have more signatures out in the market, (Seguin, Hall, Eberle, etc.) Likewise, there are a lot of 2nd & 3rd year players that don't need any more autographed cards as the demand is just not there.
4. More promotions such as ticket giveaways to their local teams randomly inserted in packs.

Any other suggestions?
Why? It's not Upper Deck or Panini's fault the lockout happened. Why should they have to pay for it? They can't help it if interest wanes due to there being no hockey, all they can do is print cards and that's what they've been doing all along. Unlike the NHL, they've done nothing grievously upsetting to make up for. It's not exactly their job to bolster interest in the sport.

1. If what I've been hearing is true Upper Deck has been on shaky financial ground for some time and probably can't afford to lower prices.

2. As much as I love pulling a patch I wouldn't clamour for more. Jersey cards used to be a huge hit in the 90s. Now they're a dime a dozen. Collector's need something illusive to chase.

3. Nobody likes pulling an auto and saying "Who's that?" but even 3rd rate players have fans. They deserve autos too but I agree they're overdone.

4. That's a pretty cool idea.

If you ask me, the card companies should get some photos of the new rookie crop double quick, get right on printing the cards and ship out the redemptions ASAP. Getting redemptions in a timely manner has always been a hassle. It would be a nice touch if they expedite the process this year.
[Image: 0809bdall_sm.jpg]
Looking for: Patrick Roy, 80s OPC, 72/73 OPC
Photobucket
GO HABS!

Well i honestly believe that Upper Deck and Panini should personally send me a copy of each Joe Thornton card the produce this year to ensure my ongoing and complete interest. I will settle for no substitute.
[Image: nemesisbanner2.gif]

Sig by tha_penguin

After Joe Thornton serial #1's

Joe Thornton PC: (515) 11.36% Joe Thornton #'d 01/xx: (37) 1.34%
Owen Nolan (260) 15.63%
Couture (37) Demers (26) Sateri (23)

AFTER: TOMAS HERTL, HARRI SATERI

Id settle for them just fulfilling my redemptions
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

Lower prices

(01-07-2013, 09:56 AM)swjrp10 Wrote: Id settle for them just fulfilling my redemptions
I was gonna say fulfill everyones outstanding redemptions and dont insert them into packs

(01-07-2013, 09:56 AM)swjrp10 Wrote: Id settle for them just fulfilling my redemptions
Couldn't agree more!!
Building sets, and collecting Alex Ovechkin, Calle Johansson,
Craig Laughlin and Braden Holtby

It seems to me that last lockout, UD made an effort to "interesting" up their product. The Sakic/Yzerman/Messier/etc YGs being an example. This year, they just put out sub par products for a sub par winter. That's one reason I think they should do something for collectors.

The other half is simply smart business. Even though this wasn't their fault, they're still going to take a hit. As much as fans will be slow to return, so will collectors. If they care about selling their product they will do something. Maybe not an apology, but a celebration.

I do think one of them should put out a rookie update set called "Unlocked" for all the big name guys who will be debuting.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

not sure i haven't touch any products for this year yet besides a few singles
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)