`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
CHANGE IN ORG/OPG FUNCTIONALITY - PLEASE READ IF YOU USE ORGANIZE

RE: OPG and ORG ghosting
(01-04-2013, 11:15 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: I have one- invest in the computing hardware sufficient to complement the absolutely massive database of your own creation?

Not to sound like a jerk, but the database and org IS the product we are buying from Beckett. I don't want workarounds to get it to work. If you need to buy hardware for your product to work properly, that IS the workaround. If you have too small a battery in a concept car, you don't disable the stereo/lights/other battery sucking features, you put a larger battery in the car...
I dont disagree...just trying to turn my/our efforts into something productive instead of complaining which doesn't change anything.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

RE: CHANGE IN ORG/OPG FUNCTIONALITY - PLEASE READ IF YOU USE ORGANIZE
True, Jacoby. There is coding improvements to be made, I am sure. But proper hardware is FAR quicker. Haha

And while I appreciate the brainstorming CEO, the fact that complaining doesn't change anything is kind of the problem. :-)

While I agree there are some coding improvements to be done the one thing I've been noticing the last few weeks is that pretty much all functions of the site behave significantly better after about 2 AM CST. I would call the performance acceptable then. I've actually been doing most of my ORG work late but now that holiday vacations are over I can't really do that since I have a job I have to go to in the mornings lol

The drastic difference in performance during the day and the middle of the night definitely points to underpowered hardware for the number of transactions now occurring on the site. Granted you can generate data that states hardware upgrades aren't needed if you try hard enough, but then again 72.8% of all statistics are made up [Image: tongue.gif]

I know we'll never be told what hardware is being used but I truly hope this isn't a case of the devs stating an i7 based server(s) being needed and IT provided a 386 system - don't laugh too hard as I know of one high profile company this happened to last year...many people got fired over that one lol And yes I'm oversimplifying as I'm sure the Beckett topology has multiple servers and hopefully a load balancer.

Coding Improvement / Bug: One thing that would cut down on at least some transactions is that when I have searched a collection for "1995" for instance, and then I delete or move one of the results it reloads AND drops my search so I have to refresh the page - obviously it knows the search parameter if I can simply refresh the page and not type in the search parameter again.

RE: OPG and ORG ghosting
(01-04-2013, 10:44 PM)ceocards Wrote: Yeah that was basically exactly what I told them. You have to do redundant searches in both the general search and your organize in order to ensure you add each card correctly.

If anyone can come up with any bright ideas on workarounds for the workaround, let's try to brainstorm something.

The best I could come up with off the top of my head is this:

1. Create a "dummy" collection in your org (let's say call it "NEW CARDS").
2. Do the general search, and add all your cards to that "NEW CARDS" collection, just like nothing was wrong. It will add any cards not in your org to that collection, and any cards that are already in your org won't be added.
3. After you're done go into your org and open that "NEW CARDS" collection - compare that to the physical cards in your pile. Anything that isn't showing up in the NEW CARDS collection must be in your org already somewhere - so you only have to do the redundant search for those particular cards.
4. Once you've ID'd the duplicate cards and updated quantities, return to NEW CARDS and move those cards to their 'permanent' collection.

Ugh...just typing that all out makes me tired. I hope someone smarter & more creative than me can come up with something better.

I agree with everything you said 100%
OP - if you don't mind I'm going to edit your thread title so that it stands out and hopefully more users will read it.
You could go the other way...
First open two windows. One in the Price Guide and another in your Org., All Items.
Do a search of your Org. (All Items) for the card and if you don't find it go to your price guide, search for it and transfer it the Recently Added collection in your Org.

Ray

Ugh, I loved the grayed out feature!

(01-05-2013, 01:25 PM)jblaze1718 Wrote: Ugh, I loved the grayed out feature!
Agreed.

Since late last night and now today, cards I'm trying to add to my ORG that I know for a fact that I don't have already in my ORG are not being added anywhere in my ORG. I get the "Items successfully added" message, but when I go back to my ORG and check, they're not showing up. Quite frustrating.

This started, for me, about half-way through adding a bunch of cards last night...without me realizing what was going on. Now I'll have to go back through all of those to double check which ones were added and which ones weren't. This is a mess and a headache...and that's not what I'm paying for.
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

I just don't understand why they don't take a poll or something before they change a feature.

(01-05-2013, 03:05 PM)Mikarlo Wrote: Since late last night and now today, cards I'm trying to add to my ORG that I know for a fact that I don't have already in my ORG are not being added anywhere in my ORG. I get the "Items successfully added" message, but when I go back to my ORG and check, they're not showing up. Quite frustrating.

This started, for me, about half-way through adding a bunch of cards last night...without me realizing what was going on. Now I'll have to go back through all of those to double check which ones were added and which ones weren't. This is a mess and a headache...and that's not what I'm paying for.
OMG Just realized this happened to me too..............
Currently collecting Mike Trout, Bo Jackson and Al Kaline.

Sets for sale or trade:

1998 Leaf Rookies & Stars-- 99.7% complete.
1999 Finest-- Complete.
2000 Bowman Chrome-- Complete.
2001 Studio---97% complete.

These problems with the org are what led me to deleting everything out of my org. It was a small disaster and was becoming a headache trying to search my own stuff and wondering if I had added certain cards or not. I would literally fall asleep waiting for searches to load when I was trying to take care of stuff after work. I used to pay for the full OPG, after things started getting bad I cut it down to just baseball and am probably going to cancel that now if things don't improve soon.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]