`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cool (ice cream) Find Minny Minoso

Cool (ice cream) Find Minny Minoso
Look what I found going through a box of old stuff . I remember someone telling me this was from the early fifties when they gave it to me years ago. I know there were Dixie cup lids of entertainment stars in 1952 but haven't seen listing for Dixie cup or Swifts ice cream lids. If anyone knows about these lids please let me know.

[Image: Scan114_zpsf7152af4.jpg]

[Image: scan0113_zps941dd35b.jpg]
Photobucket

RE: Cool (ice cream) Find Minny Minoso
I don't know anything about them but they seem pretty cool! What do you think they would do if you sent it in? Big Grin
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

As you might have guessed from the advert on both sides of it, the idea was that you could send away for a stereo viewer, and then see the picture in "3D". You needed to have two lids of the same player to make it work. I think the way you could tell apart the two pictures was by which side the tab was on (thus the "L" next to the tab on your card).

There are endless variations of these. Local dairies/ice cream manufacturers put their own logos on the top. The Dixie Cups were patented, so they all say "Dixie" someplace.

I have seen sets of those with movie stars on them (and a pair of the "glasses"), honestly didn't know they put baseball players on them. Neat.
I need the 2013 Johnny Cueto Turkey Red Cyan Printing Plate - will pay a Finder's Fee!

Looking for any and all Cincinnati Reds...

Bucket out of order until I figure out how the new Photobucket site works.

Very cool....I'm too young to have seen Minoso play, but I'm a fan of his. Hope he makes the HOF one day
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

(01-04-2013, 02:41 PM)reds77 Wrote: As you might have guessed from the advert on both sides of it, the idea was that you could send away for a stereo viewer, and then see the picture in "3D". You needed to have two lids of the same player to make it work. I think the way you could tell apart the two pictures was by which side the tab was on (thus the "L" next to the tab on your card).

There are endless variations of these. Local dairies/ice cream manufacturers put their own logos on the top. The Dixie Cups were patented, so they all say "Dixie" someplace.

I have seen sets of those with movie stars on them (and a pair of the "glasses"), honestly didn't know they put baseball players on them. Neat.
Yeah I've seen the movie star ones but this is the only baseball one I've seen . Thanks for the info!
Photobucket

A search of a certain auction website and comparing pictures it looks like the 1954 lids featured baseball players. With that bit of info you have this...

http://www.beckett.com/baseball/1954/dix...so-3608890

Congrats on the find.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

I love that 3-D helmet looking thing on the pic. Neat find!
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*