`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If You Could Correct Your Biggest PC Mistake?

If You Could Correct Your Biggest PC Mistake?
Not to get to long winded with this thread, but here's my story. I was able to get my hands on The Cup Black #1/1 Rookie for Ryan McDonagh when it first popped up last year. I was able to build the rainbow & put the set into my McDonagh PC. Done!

Out of the blue I get a HUGE offer to buy the card! Without thinking about what I was doing, I took the offer. Needless to say, I regretted it the day after I shipped the card to its new owner.

Fast forward to last week & the card shows up again on the 'Bay! Luckily, I was able to get the card back for half of what I sold it for!

Here's the family finally back together again:

[Image: McDonaghCUPrb.jpg]

That's my story. Any other collectors out there able to right a wrong from their PC?

RE: If You Could Correct Your Biggest PC Mistake?
I had unloaded a complete set of 95-96 Collector's Choice Platinum Players Club to a card shop in exchange for what ended up to be a bunch of fake autographed pucks (never trust store-LOA's). I didn't pay that much for the set originally (maybe $80), but man did I ever spend a lot of time and certainly more than $80 rebuilding the set - what a pain that was.

I did have my retribution though. A few years later I went back to that card shop and was digging through some singles - I ended up swiping a 95-96 Finest Alfredsson RC (normally I wouldn't dream of stealing, but turnabout is fair play) and grabbed a bunch of Gold Label cards... class 2 and 3s, hoping he wouldn't know the flip them over and look at the class... but he did. I ended up buying them anyway because he didn't pay attention to the label colors... but I did - grabbed maybe 10 cards.. all blacks and reds

It didn't make up for what I lost originally, but it felt good to get over on them
[Image: finlandbanner.jpg]
Bucket - http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/phildonu37/ (I don't update my bucket when stuff is gone)

In university I needed food. Sold my 80-81 OPC set (that I completed myself) for $80. In no way, shape, or form did I want to sell it - hunger, though, is hunger. Can't remember where I sold it. If I did, I would actually go see if I could get it back again.

(12-15-2012, 07:54 PM)androsfl Wrote: Here's the family finally back together again:

[Image: McDonaghCUPrb.jpg]
I am glad you got the family back!

(12-15-2012, 08:10 PM)phildo37 Wrote: I had unloaded a complete set of 95-96 Collector's Choice Platinum Players Club to a card shop in exchange for what ended up to be a bunch of fake autographed pucks (never trust store-LOA's). I didn't pay that much for the set originally (maybe $80), but man did I ever spend a lot of time and certainly more than $80 rebuilding the set - what a pain that was.
ouch, is that store still open? i hope not as that is not right

(12-15-2012, 08:25 PM)goperishgo Wrote: In university I needed food. Sold my 80-81 OPC set (that I completed myself) for $80. In no way, shape, or form did I want to sell it - hunger, though, is hunger. Can't remember where I sold it. If I did, I would actually go see if I could get it back again.
hey you needed food, i would have done the same thing

I have a few stories for sure but i have to write one down and figure out the details as it is a big blur for me
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

(12-16-2012, 09:46 AM)bonnev659 Wrote: ouch, is that store still open? i hope not as that is not right
The store was in Las Vegas, and I think it was probably about 1998 or so when I first went there and probably about 2002-2004 when I got my revenge and I don't think they're still open, but I haven't looked in the last few times I've been back, and I don't even know the name of it
[Image: finlandbanner.jpg]
Bucket - http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/phildonu37/ (I don't update my bucket when stuff is gone)

I wouldn't have given up on the 09-10 YG set at 90% finished.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

I would have kept all of my cards (not just my Bruins PC) out of the basement. It was finished and temperature controlled, dehumidifier, really nice man cave, before the flood. Every card I had collected or pulled from boxes from about 1994 on was lost, from base and RC's to autos, jerseys and patches. I gave up collecting for quite a while.
Collecting Cam Neely & Boston Bruins
Photobucket: http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a372/p...or%20Sale/

Only mistake I wish I could correct was not buying so much pro-set :p
[Image: DeKeyser_Osgood_zpsa608e9e1.gif]
PC'ing Danny Dekeyser and Chris Osgood!
Collecting Red Wings Past Present and Future!

(12-16-2012, 01:47 PM)bruinsfan08 Wrote: I would have kept all of my cards (not just my Bruins PC) out of the basement. It was finished and temperature controlled, dehumidifier, really nice man cave, before the flood. Every card I had collected or pulled from boxes from about 1994 on was lost, from base and RC's to autos, jerseys and patches. I gave up collecting for quite a while.

Sorry man. Ouch, that hurts. Being down here in FLA I fear hurricane season every year! It takes just one hit to wipe out everything. Glad you decided to come back to collecting again.

wowo u made out and learned a lession thanks for sharing
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK