`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Sealed Box Set Cards Sticking Together

RE: Sealed Box Set Cards Sticking Together
(12-03-2012, 07:38 PM)rburkett Wrote: I believe most of the problem is they are stored with the boxes lying flat rather than standing them on end or on the side of the box and also storing them in an area that gets hot.
I get the part about not storing them in hot places, or humid places for that matter. But what does standing them on their side/end have to do with anything?

[Image: medlendodger_zps6b1c847c.jpg]
**Looking for Kris Medlen cards, willing to trade/buy**

Stacking them flat has all the weight of the cards/boxes above them pressing them together. When they are on end or the side of the box the weight is pressing on the edges of the card instead of pressing the faces and backs of the cards together
[Image: Dallas-1.jpg]

Try this method. It works pretty good.

http://youtu.be/d5v58FRtdtI

has anyone had a problem with the cards sticking together out of the 2003-04 tops Basketball sets?

Avoid 1994 Score packs. The dark blue borders do not separate well from one another! Sad
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

(04-05-2018, 05:51 PM)jack pfiester Wrote: Avoid 1994 Score packs. The dark blue borders do not separate well from one another! Sad
This is very true. I'd hate to say how many stuck together for me, and I didn't come close to opening the whole box. Of the packs I opened, there was 1 gold rush card I could use.

Brian
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

(04-08-2018, 01:13 AM)bamyanks Wrote: This is very true. I'd hate to say how many stuck together for me, and I didn't come close to opening the whole box. Of the packs I opened, there was 1 gold rush card I could use.

Brian
Going to buy a box of 1993 Score from a local hobby shop and luckily they did not use glossy finish so I should be good. With my luck, the Franchise card will be stuck to a Derek Jeter RC!
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

(04-05-2018, 05:51 PM)jack pfiester Wrote: Avoid 1994 Score packs. The dark blue borders do not separate well from one another! Sad
Bought a couple 5,000 ct. monster boxes of random 90's junk wax at a yardsale for for $10 mostly for the boxes as I needed storage and there was a lot of 1995 score and 80% of the score stuff was solid bricks.