`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cardboard boxes vs Binders in sheets

Cardboard boxes vs Binders in sheets
So I'm bored and I've got all my trades locked up so i started to think. Which is never a good thing because it always has to do with organizing my cards, which is probably why i love collecting them so much so i can organize them, but that's another thread for another time.

Currently, I use the cardboard boxes with the cards in penny sleeves and they're stored in my closet on the main floor in a house (only for the sets I'm collecting) but than i started thinking, what if i put the cards in binders in those plastic sheets that hold 9? Would they be better protected? Light is not an issue, humidity is not really an issue, heat/cold swings are not really an issue. I'm mainly worried about corners and just normal wear and tear. I would think putting them in the 9 slot pages would be good because than i can just turn the page. But i'm not really versed in this whole storage. So, anybody feel free to put their pro's and con's in for both? Let's have a nice little discussion. Does it just come down to preference really?
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

RE: Cardboard boxes vs Binders in sheets
I use binders a lot. Most of my player PC cards are in a binder. When I build a set it stays in the binder until it's finished, then it goes in a box. If you take your cards out to look at them often, which I don't, really, binders are great. They also make set building easier since you don't have to search for holds in the set or keep a list of haves and wants. It's right there.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

As wickabee stated if you like looking at them, then binders are the way to go. I put all my cards $20.00 or less in Penny Sleeves and storage boxes. Cards I want to view are in top loaders or snap tights in appropriate storage boxes or bins. I saw another collector in the Baseball Forum and he gave me an idea for the bins. I bought them at the Container Store and they are plastic. They fit the top loaders, screwdowns, one touch & snaps almost perfectly sideways.
[Image: scan0004-1-1.jpg] [Image: scan0005-1-1.jpg]
Collecting; Flyers-Red Wings-Brodeur-Cujo-Hasek-Shanahan, 04-05 Franchises Memorabilia

I have all my sets, back to 1970, in the penny sleeves and cardboard boxes. I do it mainly because it takes up a lot less room. I use to use the sheets and binders but it takes up way to much space.

I think it depends on how many sets you have. Right now I have sets in boxes and binders. All of them were in boxes til about a month ago when I found some old binders with sheets and decided to put my 11-12 UD set into the binder. Then I was like hey I'll put all my sets in binders!! I added two other sets and ran out of sheets and that's where they stand today haha.
[Image: Signature.jpg]

PC's
Patrick Roy PC 966/7,265 = 13.30% Complete
Brandon Yip PC 101/183 = 55.19% Complete
Nick Palmieri 93/150 = 62.00% Complete

Unique Avs Cards = 1303
Unique Nordiques Cards = 1054

I like penny sleeves and boxes, but the idea of keeping the set your working on in sleeves is great because you can see the holes. For me though I prefer the sleeves and boxes because I find it easier to organize and store.

SET COLLECTOR, RYAN SMYTH, BOBBY ORR AND MARTIN ST. LOUIS

I like the binders for the base sets, but I would personally do sleeves/top-loaders for RCs and high-valued cards. I personally would not feel secure doing the UD 1&2 sets and having a Ryan Nugent-Hopkins or Gabriel Landeskog YG in a binder. They sure have made this a bit more difficult than it was before, huh? Tongue

Randi

Binders are best
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

(11-03-2012, 01:44 PM)rayeates Wrote: I like the binders for the base sets, but I would personally do sleeves/top-loaders for RCs and high-valued cards. I personally would not feel secure doing the UD 1&2 sets and having a Ryan Nugent-Hopkins or Gabriel Landeskog YG in a binder. They sure have made this a bit more difficult than it was before, huh? Tongue

Randi
I dont have the RNH yet so I don't have that issue to worry about yet haha
[Image: Signature.jpg]

PC's
Patrick Roy PC 966/7,265 = 13.30% Complete
Brandon Yip PC 101/183 = 55.19% Complete
Nick Palmieri 93/150 = 62.00% Complete

Unique Avs Cards = 1303
Unique Nordiques Cards = 1054

in a perfect world

I use binders for a few of my sets

top loader binders for a few others

and also boxes for my graded/and bigger top loaders (greater then 92pt)

but most of my cards in in tuberwear bins right now
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)