`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebay Help

RE: Ebay Help
Keep checking and check often.... Sometimes you can find a card just listed in buy it now for a great price and scoop it up before others see the listing...

Also, look at the way the card is pictured.. A lot of us old times (like meSmile have those old fashioned 4 screw holders... Those usually mean cards that have not been looked at or handled in a long time, and can find some steals.. (good when buying lots too...)

Ask! Bigger sellers will often bend over backwards for your $$$$ if the card is not exactly what you want or if you are not sure about a crease or corner... Ask..
Sometimes if let's say a seller has a PSA 9 card on for to much cash, ask of he has a raw one he would sell for less...

Good luck
Collecting Vintage football and all things Mickey Mantle.
[Image: th_598ff54f.jpg]

Check the BV before you bid. You would think that this goes without saying, but you would be surprised how many people buy cards only having an "idea" of what the card is valued at.

(09-13-2012, 03:44 PM)Murzcoach Wrote: Check the BV before you bid. You would think that this goes without saying, but you would be surprised how many people buy cards only having an "idea" of what the card is valued at.
I would definitely recommend this. It seems like lots and lots of sellers have cards priced over book value, sometimes at 2x or more than what BV is. If they have best offers, they can say "I will come down to this" to make you feel like you're getting a deal. Only you find out they were over-priced to begin with and came down to BV.

I actually had this happen to me at a show. That's how I know about the trick. The guy had everything priced over BV. He would come down on it and I would feel like I was getting a good deal. Only later I found out I was actually paying BV.

There are a lot of snaky people in this business. Just do research when buying any certain items from any certain sellers. Research the card(s) you're buying as well as the seller. And ASK!!!!

I would recommend checking out www.COMC.com as well. You can bargain with sellers on this site and it is more baseball card oriented than eBay. Also, paying .20 cents per card for combined shipping is better than $3.