`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
How much damage is too much damage?

How much damage is too much damage?
I recently picked up a 3 clr jumbo patch auto /15 of Matty Ice and I received it in the mail yesterday and took a day to decide if I should return it for a refund since there is a imperfection along the right side of the card. I tried scanning it to show you guys but it doesnt really show up. Best way I can explain it is the glossy film that is placed over topps unrivaled cards has been peeled back a little bit. Its not a major defect but its an obvious one when you see it in hand.

So my question is if you bought a really nice card but it obviously isnt a mint one would you return it or keep it?

My BGS grade for it would be 7.5 with 10 auto.

Thoughts?
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

RE: How much damage is too much damage?
Depends, I guess. If it's a PC guy, low #d, then yes, I probably just keep it. (Also to avoid the hassle of returning it). But if it's something you can find another copy of, maybe return it.
Always interested in any Wisco alums I don't have.
[Image: banner2_zpsa33ddbe8.jpg]
The Wisconsin Collection

If it was for the pc, I'd just keep it. If not I'd probably return it especially if the damage wasn't mentioned. Since it seems to bother you, I vote on returning it...
Currently collect: NON-SERIAL NUMBERED autos, Topps, and Topps Chrome cards of players in Bengals uniforms.

Doesn't eBay offer partial refunds?
I would keep the card if you could get some money back.
If not return it.
[Image: 9F306E21-7461-40F2-9F1D-AECEC32DB0F3-305...10b87e.jpg]

Drew Brees
True RC 66/66 (100%)
2001 323/359 (90%) AU - 64 Mem - 76
Total AU - 127

Was the damage noted in the item description? One on hand, since its /15, it may be hard to find another one. On the other, if your intention is to get it graded, I would return it but if its just going in your pc and won't ever leave your collection, I would keep it and contact the seller about getting a little of your money back. Good luck with the decision that you make.
[Image: steelers.jpg]

Return, vote #2.
[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.

What is the card? What product and from what year? I've been cutting my Ryan rookie PC by 1/3. I might have one, probably graded, if it's a rookie card.

Return, vote #3
- Collecting Navorro Bowman - http://tinyurl.com/bowmancollection
Total Cards = (236/349) 67%
Auto 59/83 Jersey 4/4

Yeah, I agree, return it ... it's the same dilemma I go through when I get a damaged card in a pack, as to whether to send it back to the company or not ... I usually do, the rationale being that the ding is always going to bother me, and there's only a certain amount of time (like, in your case, 45 days to make an eBay claim, yeah?) before you're just stuck with it.

If the damage is bothering you now, it's not going to not bother you in the future.

Depends on how much it bothers you. I don't really buy mine for resale or anything, so I don't care a whole lot about dinged corners and such. If it is obvious, that's another matter. I have yet to ever return a card for damage though whether it be a purchase, trade, or pulled from a box so I guess I will know how much damage is too much when I see it.