`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
OT: Advice Needed On Ebay Claim

OT: Advice Needed On Ebay Claim
I purchased a framed picture from eBay that was damaged in the mail (glass broke causing some damage to the picture itself). Luckily the seller had insurance on the item and we have started a claim through eBay. I haven't ever had to do anything like this before, so my question is do I need to open a claim myself? The seller said that the insurance claim could take a little while to process and I just didn't want to be left stranded if it ended up taking longer than the deadline to open a claim myself. The only thing I have had to do thus far was to verify the sellers claim that the package was indeed damaged. Other than this, eBay hasn't given me or the seller any additional information. Any advice or sharing of personal experience would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

RE: OT: Advice Needed On Ebay Claim
Wouldn't the insurance be through whatever shipping company he used, and NOT eBay?

I would file a claim with eBay, because the insurance will go to him since he was the one that purchased the insurance.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

for insurance claims:

the seller has to make the claim. it is the responsibility of the seller to buy insurance, and the insurance is there to protect the seller, not the buyer.

he should refund you, then he has to wait to get his insurance money. if he doesnt refund you, open a INAD claim with ebay

(09-10-2012, 09:51 PM)all day baby Wrote: Wouldn't the insurance be through whatever shipping company he used, and NOT eBay?

I would file a claim with eBay, because the insurance will go to him since he was the one that purchased the insurance.
That's what I initially thought, but I guess eBay offers shipping insurance to sellers as well. The following is from the email I received wanting me to verify the insurance claim:

' Wrote:You can also click the "Verify shipping insurance claim" link on the order details page for the item or items you purchased.

If you received a damaged shipment, please don't discard the damaged item or items. This evidence may be needed to help resolve the claim.

If you have any questions, please contact your seller.

Note: Any fraudulent claims will make the shipper and/or package recipient liable for prosecution for mail fraud under the federal criminal code. See state fraud policies and regulations.

ShipCover is provided through eBay Insurance Services (eBay Insurance Brokerage Services in New York) and Parcel Insurance Plan (PIP) and is underwritten by The American Insurance Company, a subsidiary of Fireman's Fund Insurance Company."
Basically the email says that if I have any questions to contact the seller, but the seller is as unfamiliar with this whole process as I am. Any idea what the most likely resolution will be? I don't mind sending it back, but don't really want to pay another $35 in shipping.
I'll just go ahead and open a claim myself to be on the safe side.

You will have to return it, if you want your money back. Ask the seller to foot the shipping bill for the return. And you need to file a claim, even if the insurance was through eBay. As I stated and was verified... the insurance will go to the seller.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed