`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Many Game-Used Pieces of History...Canucks, Sens, and ALL Goalie Fans Rejoice!

So Many Game-Used Pieces of History...Canucks, Sens, and ALL Goalie Fans Rejoice!
As the thread sounds, I have recently gained a large influx of game-used memorabilia.

Before I show off my pictures to you, here is the backstory. As a huge goalie fan, I wanted to show this amazing fandom by not going for cards, as cards are just too small to show my true appreciation. Instead, I gave myself a lifelong goal, which is to get one piece of game-used memorabilia of every single goaltender to ever play in the NHL. That means going for the big names like Patrick Roy, all the way down to the forgotten peoples like Gregg Naumenko, Alain Raymond and countless others who lasted but a single game in the league.

So now that you know what I am about in this thread, let's get started:

For all of you true Canucks fans in the forums, we have here a 1980s game-used stick of a 3-4 season Canucks back-up goaltender named Frank Caprice. 80s stuff is where the game-used stuff becomes hard to come by, so to get this was quite nice:

[Image: capricestick1.jpg]

[Image: capricestick2.jpg]

[Image: capricestick3.jpg]

[Image: capricestick4.jpg]

Next up, for you fans of forgotten goaltenders of the NHL's yesteryear, we have an early 1980s game-used stick belonging to Alain Raymond, a goalie who only played 40 minutes in the NHL for Washington. Needless to say, it always feels good to cross one of those mega-difficult memorabilias off of the 900+ player list:

[Image: raymondstick1.jpg]

[Image: raymondstick2.jpg]

[Image: raymondstick3.jpg]

[Image: raymondstick4.jpg]

Next up, we have a goalie who began his NHL career off with a huge bang, recording an amazing 40 save shutout victory over the New Jersey Devils. And that was the high-point in Mike Fountain's 11 game NHL career spanning the Canucks, Hurricanes (yay!), and the Senators. This stick was used in one of Fountain's final two games in the NHL:

[Image: fountainstick1.jpg]

[Image: fountainstick2.jpg]

[Image: fountainstick3.jpg]

[Image: fountainstick4.jpg]

And who could forget this guy, my number two PC player and the chance find of the summer. As I've told the story many times before, Levente Szuper was the first Hungarian to be on an NHL roster and he sat on the Flames' bench for nine games in 2002-03 without being allowed to play. As luck would have it, this game-used PC piece was picked up from a former Calgary Flames equipment manager. As the tape is white instead of the black he used with Calgary, it is likely that this stick was used by Szuper while playing with Team Hungary:

[Image: szuperstick1.jpg]

[Image: szuperstick2.jpg]

[Image: szuperstick3.jpg]

[Image: szuperstick4.jpg]

AND THERE WAS ONE MORE GAME-USED STICK OF A MUCH MORE PC GUY, BUT YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT FOR MY LARGE SHOW AND TELL OF MR. "LIKE WALL" BEFORE YOU CAN SEE IT Wink

RE: So Many Game-Used Pieces of History...Canucks, Sens, and ALL Goalie Fans Rejoice!
Those are some awesome rare find additions you picked up for the PC!!! 800+ to go...your starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel!!! Smile
Joe Vitale PC- 104/125= 83% 0 - INCOMING

TRADERS: http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u317/...5/TRADERS/

GAME WORN SITE: http://www.theigloolockerroom.com/

[Image: hughbanner001.png]

RE: So Many Game-Used Pieces of History...Canucks, Sens, and ALL Goalie Fans Rejoice!
I never thought I'd meet anyone who deliberately collected a Frank Caprice or Mike Fountain anything.

Nice stuff!
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

(09-11-2012, 07:35 PM)pens fan addict Wrote: Those are some awesome rare find additions you picked up for the PC!!! 800+ to go...your starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel!!! Smile
Thanks for the comments Hugh!

Feels more like I just stepped into a tunnel and into the darkness Smile

Regardless, I now have Barrasso, Irbe, Vanbiebrouck, Caprice, Raymond, Fitzpatrick, Naumenko and Hackett down...so, so many to go...

Nice game used sticks had me drooling
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

Simply awesome and amazing pickups! I actually have a Mike Fountain game used stick. He played for my hometown Syracuse Crunch back in the day and I got it that way. I also have a Ty Conklin Game used stick from the couple games he played with them as well.
Collecting
1. Mike Richter - 475/1641 28%
2. Eric Selleck - 21/30 70% (Incl. 1 Select Cracked Ice Not Listed)
3. Jeff Hoggan - 6/106 6%(Incl. 1 German Printing Plate Not Listed)
4. Guy Fieri - 9/19 47%
5. Sets - Listed in my organize, PC/Set Wants

Hells yeah i love that you found a Frank Caprice stick!! I'm bummed he never actually had a canucks trading card at all, I do have his team card from the 80's auto'd from when i was little i use to send through TTM's. And Fountain too boot another one that didn't stay around long but had a lot of promise in the day! Thanks for the pics those are awesome

[Image: Signaturephoto.jpg]

Collecting all Canucks cards! Currently 6310/20359 31%

LETS TRADE!