Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what collecting is all about.....
Smile 
what collecting is all about.....
A few months ago i decided to start collecting and selling cards again after not doing so for roughly 7 years...

I am using the EBAY and my local Kijiji to sell my and buy my cards, and i had been in "negotiations" with someone over a few cards (a g/u Patrick Roy and g/u Mario Lemieux) over the past few days who contacted me after seeing my ad on Kijiji....

We agreed to meet today and of course i was expecting to meet up with an adult....well, to my surprise, it ended up being a young fellow about the age of 12 who was there with his brother and their mom had driven them....

We talked about his favorite players he likes to collect qnd he and his mother told me that its his goal to open up a card store when he gets older and have his mom work there!!!!!...lol

To me, this was just an awsome experience because it was nice to see a young collector buying these cards because he is fan of hockey and not just someone who is trying to amass a fortune with every card they can get ahold of....

Just thought i would share my story as has made me feel good all morning Smile
WADE BOGGS #26!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: what collecting is all about.....
Very cool

That is really cool. Good to see new generations getting into the hobby!
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

Awesome story! Hopefully you were able to work something out with him! Best wishes and thanks for the smile!

Randi

Very cool story. One of my kids is becoming a huge collector as well. She is probably more excited than I am when we see a yellow bubble mailer in the mailbox.
PC: Kovy-Hasek-Bure-Sanford-Low

Trading for:
00-01 SC Beam Team
01-02 YoungStars Gold
Tradelist
Photobucket

good deal...we need more of this!

I hope that will be one of my kids someday.
[Image: NewReddenBanner.png]

My kids are 7 and 5 and they get so excited when there are cards in the mail....they like to go through all my base cards and pick out the ones that they think are "cool"....it very interesting to see which cards they like because they usually want the ones that are "shiny", or have players that are in funny or weird positions...i love it....it makes me laugh every time...

I started bidding on box/case breaks on EBAY and they love watching the videos to see if we had any big hits...my oldest even takes cards that we have and pretends that he is doing a box break...lol
WADE BOGGS #26!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(09-01-2012, 04:15 PM)travisstrickland Wrote: My kids are 7 and 5 and they get so excited when there are cards in the mail....they like to go through all my base cards and pick out the ones that they think are "cool"....it very interesting to see which cards they like because they usually want the ones that are "shiny", or have players that are in funny or weird positions...i love it....it makes me laugh every time...

I started bidding on box/case breaks on EBAY and they love watching the videos to see if we had any big hits...my oldest even takes cards that we have and pretends that he is doing a box break...lol
Mine is the same way, 9 years old, I got her a Kariya /50 dual jersey card in the mail, but there was also some kind of refractor Brett Hull card. She sees it and her jaw drops and she says "WHOOOOAAAAAAAAA THIS CARD IS AWESOME!!!!!!!"
PC: Kovy-Hasek-Bure-Sanford-Low

Trading for:
00-01 SC Beam Team
01-02 YoungStars Gold
Tradelist
Photobucket

I found out my 14 year old cousin is a huge Habs fan, so I sent him a few lower end cards and a JSY or two.

Now he's asking me about trading online and such. I just may turn him into one of us soon enough. Ha!
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com