Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Trout cards go up?

Will Trout cards go up?
I have been out of the game for a while as you know... so real basic question

Will Mike Trout cards go up after he is named ROY and possibly MVP?

I have his 2012 bowman platinum Ruby that I want to sell but maybe it will go up in price if I wait till October

[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

RE: Will Trout cards go up?
Anything that makes non-collectors say to themselves....."Hmmmm - maybe I should invest in this guy" is a good thing.
So my opinion is - IF he gets ROY/MVP the price will go up A LITTLE BIT.

The price already is set based on him being a stud. Much like Roger Clemens cards already reflecting that he WILL be a HOFer.

Waiting isn't likely to hurt you in my humble opinion!
Collecting HOF Vint-Rooks-GU-autos + Musial and other Cardinals

Bucket: http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd387/SchlueterLaw/

[Image: MusialCollageSmall.jpg]

(08-24-2012, 12:11 PM)stera8 Wrote: I have been out of the game for a while as you know... so real basic question

Will Mike Trout cards go up after he is named ROY and possibly MVP?

I have his 2012 bowman platinum Ruby that I want to sell but maybe it will go up in price if I wait till October
Card prices are the lowest of the year during the off-season.

Besides, anyone who knows anything about cards knows the worst time to buy is when the player is in the news!
Bowman: home of the pre-rookie card.

They are going up right now! Every time I take a look at the ones I have they are up. Just looked at a rare mini I have and it's at 30 now, the last time I looked it was 18.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

I got a 2011 bowman brightest in one of my first trades before the hype really took off. I just liked that it was a bowman insert I didn't have and added it on to even things out. I recently trade it away when it was at $12. The day I dropped it in the mail box it went to $25 Sad
[Image: badtime.jpg]

I traded my 2011 Topps Update Trout rookie to someone on here a couple of months ago when it was $3. Oops. $20 now. I feel like the Red Sox after trading Jeff Bagwell for Larry Andersen.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(08-24-2012, 02:11 PM)acevanquish Wrote: I got a 2011 bowman brightest in one of my first trades before the hype really took off. I just liked that it was a bowman insert I didn't have and added it on to even things out. I recently trade it away when it was at $12. The day I dropped it in the mail box it went to $25 Sad
I traded a finest refractor auto away before the season started. Makes me sick thinking about it lol.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

I say it wont go up. I think his values has already peaked and only one place to from here is down. With hype players it is always best to buy during the off season or while in a slump.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

I think I also gave away a wal-mart blue border on ebay. I throw in extra cards and ask people to list players/teams to help me pick. Named trout and a few other guys. I gave at least 1 of every player he named. I had only heard of him once on ESPN running up a wall and taking away a home run (or something similar) this year so I threw it in.
[Image: badtime.jpg]

I think now is the time to sell. It might go up a tad bit more if MVP is achieved and then maybe drop a bit in the offseason. I traded for a 2011 Finest Trout Auto Refractor back in May when it was $20. I just recently sold it for $240 to put towards my graded Jeter collection.
[Image: Untitled_zpsec8eef53.jpg]

I be collecting BGS Jeter RC's & Tom Seaver (Mets Uniform) Autos/Patches

My PC Bucket.

http://s944.photobucket.com/albums/ad281/mjkata78/