`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6 More Boxes of Titanium: "Shield" Your Eyes...Twice?

6 More Boxes of Titanium: "Shield" Your Eyes...Twice?
As fortune would have it, I found myself journeying to the card shop in Sherwood Park this afternoon. After a hard day of work, nothing feels better than to grab some boxes and then sit down at home and open them while sipping a good European beer.

Before you get too excited and think that I "invested" in the atrocious 2011-12 Titanium by the sandwich company, what I purchased was 6 boxes of Pacific's brilliant Titanium product, particularly (2x) 2001-02, and (4x) 2002-03. I'll let the pictures do the talking, and I will add commentary where it is needed!

2001-02 Titanium Hits:

Dual jerseys in scan:
1) Scott Stevens / JP Dumont
2) Marian Gaborik / Manny Fernandez
3) Daniel Alfredsson / Markus Naslund
4) Ilya Kovalchuk / Dany Heatley
5) Todd Bertuzzi / Brendan Morrison
6) Marty Turco / Ed Belfour
7) Jiri Dopita / Roman Cechmanek
8) Jan Hrdina / Ian Moran
9) Adam Deadmarsh / Bryan Smolinski

[Image: 0102titanium1aug16.jpg]

Hits in this next scan

Dual jersey:
1) Mats Sundin / Joe Sakic

Titanium Red (#/94)
1) Tom Barrasso #87/94 (PC!)
2) Pavel Bure #55/94
3) Evgeni Nabokov #49/94
4) Marian Hossa #31/94

[Image: 0102titanium2aug16.jpg]

But what about the patches you say...prepare to salivate like the dogs of Pavlov!

#90/216, dual patch of Jeremy Roenick and John Leclair, not too shabby!

[Image: 0102roenickleclairpatchflyers.jpg]

And now, "Shield" your eyes slightly. JP Dumont/Alexei Zhitnik dual patch #92/181...but wait! The Dumont features a sickly intricate piece of his jersey tag, and the Zhitnik has a part of the NHL shield in it! Not too shabby! (PS, if you want this card, a substantial premium over BV- high will be in place on it and I will not move from that position. eBay values do not concern me whatsoever for this one)

[Image: 0102titaniumdumontzhitnikpatchsabres.jpg]

And now, moving onto 2002-03 Titanium

Jerseys (a lot, but names are on all of them so I do not have to list them):

[Image: 0203titaniumbreak2aug16.jpg]

[Image: 0203titaniumbreakaug16.jpg]

[Image: 0203titaniumbreak4aug16.jpg]

Some of the red parallels:

[Image: 0203titaniumredsaug16.jpg]

And how about the big hits!

First of all, on the top we have the case hit, a #/99 rookie of Alexander Frolov (~$60). Then from left to right we have a Luongo patch, a Tkachuk patch, a Ferraro patch...and once again, "shield" your eyes. I pulled another Stefan patch in this Titanium break, and this one was better than the last time because it features a small part of the NHL Shield in it.

[Image: 0203titaniumbiggerhits.jpg]

So, all in all, I am thrilled with the breaks. Pacific is still the bees knees!

Comments are always welcome!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
READ: After so many confusing messages, vague messages, or annoying "CMB, OMG!" messages spread across five sites, here are my conditions for a potential trade or sale with me:

1) Send a PM only. If you post in the thread, I will not be running after you!

2) You know what I collect! Arturs Irbe, Levente Szuper, 2003-04 SPGU Game Gear, and specific cards in my Hurricanes all-time wantlist. I rarely look for "trade bait" unless it is of current Edmonton Oilers stars who I can move in my hometown.

3) Do not quote eBay to me, or assume that I am firesaling everything. People looking for resale cards can look elsewhere. I cannot do $2 delivered on anything, envelope, shipping, and then the card means I am losing money which is unacceptable.

4) If I do not respond to your PM, do not take it personally, I am on five total sites, work for a living, and I also do trading and selling in-person so I am a busy person, and if I do not send you a message back, it probably means that I did not see anything that I could use, or I accidentally forgot to respond and I apologize in advance. Sometimes I may get back to you up to two weeks after receiving a PM as I systematically go through all of them. Thanks for understanding!

RE: 6 More Boxes of Titanium: "Shield" Your Eyes...Twice?
Sick patches
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

Very nice breaks, Bruce! Congrats on the wicked patches and shields!

Randi

I love seeing old school breaks like these. The jersey card designs look so much nicer than what's being put out today. Great hits, (though of all the players to get a "shield", Patrik Stefan, the biggest bust in NHL History, (sorry Alex Daigle), must seem bittersweet).

Looks like that break was a ton of fun! I really like that Roenick/Leclair. Congrats!
I collect Dany Heatley, Nicklas Backstrom, all Red Wings and most Yankees.

Hi i am interested in the Ed Belfour card. I will PM you about it.

This was an awesome break by any standard no? Ridiculous patches, especially for those slightly older products. Partial Shields are amongst my favorite things from that era...I wonder if I'll ever land one. More importantly I wish I had a nice Irbe for that Roenick/LeClair but so it goes...

Thanks for the show.
LOGAN COUTURE | MARTIN ST. LOUIS | JEREMY ROENICK | JONATHAN TOEWS
Malkin | Iginla | Datsyuk | Kane | Larionov | Thornton | Fedorov
(Link) Gimme Your: 09-10 SP Authentic | 09-10 Ice | 07-08 O-Pee-Chee

Some sick patches in there congrats Smile
[Image: NewReddenBanner.png]

very nice hits

loving your old school breaks

think your shop will have back up cases around so you can just buy in baulk and open it slowly to enjoy when you feel like?
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

Damn nice hits man thats alot of good ones