`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manny Machado - Hold or Sell?

RE: Manny Machado - Hold or Sell?
ouch i just traded one of my two autos for a 25.00 card.well i know one person thats happy lol.
[Image: griffeyjr.jpg]

With baseball prospects, I always recommending selling when they first come up and get off to a hot start ... because most of them do exactly that, until a week or two goes by and the opposing teams start to get a video "book" on the holes in their swings.

As for worrying about whether Machado is the next Trout or whatever, I look at it like this ... you could wait, wait and wait and see, and take a major risk that he's not as good and he cools off — i.e. Strasburg, remember how SCORCHING hot he was when he came up?

Even though he's become a great pitcher, his values are nowhere near what they once were.

Same deal with Trout — everybody hopes Player X is the next Trout, but the reason everyone is held up to his standard is that he's the only Mike Trout.

Is Machado (or whoever, Mike Olt, Nolan Arenado, blah blah blah) going to hit .340+ ? Are they going to hit 20+ home runs? Are they going to steal 30+ bases? Are they going to do it all in the same season?

Perhaps, but probably not ... that's why what Trout is doing is so special and so valuable, card-wise.

So, unless you're an Orioles fan or have a Machado PC or whatever, I would sell them immediately — but I do agree, you have the luxury of hanging on to a couple.

like mentioned if you have multiple sell a few now and hold on to a few hes getting hot

yup, just traded several of my auto cards as well!! DAMN!!! lol

(08-15-2012, 12:33 PM)magneto2 Wrote: +1. He was raking in Double A. He didn't even go to triple a!
Actually he wasn't - that's why many were surprised when he got the call.

I would sell btw
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

He was hitting .260 in the minors. I think he's a legit player, but I can't see the market going much higher. I can easily see it going lower though.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*