`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
RG3 SICKNESS!

RG3 SICKNESS!
So, I don't have the RG3. No I walked into the card shop this afternoon 30 minutes late. I was looking to buy a box of cards when the owner asked me because I am new to the area. "do you like football" I say yes of course. Can I show you something? Sure!! was my response. He goes behind his register and pulls an RG3 7/10 auto 3 color patch out of the regular topps. He goes on to tell me that he paid $30 for it right before I walked into the store. The guy who sold it to him said "I hate the redskins". I was really pissed off. The guy spent $6.00 on two packs didn't know the dang value and sells it to this guy who appreciates cards but DOESN'T appreciate cards. I didn't buy anything because I was really upset. UGH!!!!!!! COME ON!!!

Sorry for my rant guys, I just needed some people who know what I'm talking about just to appreciate the bizarre-ness of the situation. I know that's not a word but I don't know how to put this in PG format.
[Image: zPhMb.png]

http://s1100.photobucket.com/albums/g413/Joe_Sarmiento/
Go BRONCOS!!! Searching for my first TEBOW auto!

RE: RG3 SICKNESS!
Sounds like a shady dealer to me. There is a fine line between a good deal and ripping somebody off.

That's just wrong. Even pawn brokers will let you know if they're ripping you off in most cases. But it's also the sellers fault for opening a product without ANY knowledge of players and what sell values might be. I mean c'mon how hard is it to check your smartphone for similar item sales to ensure this doesn't happen. So I guess both parties were at fault in some fashion. Lucky break for the dealer I guess.

Most buyers / resellers will tell you, the seller set/accepted the price, it's not on me if he doesn't know what he has.
I have a store near me that no serious collectors will deal with, because he does this kind of thing all the time. People will come in just to sell off stuff they found in thier closet/under thier son's bed after they moved out. These uninformed people off the street just want to get rid of clutter for money, and he has no problems searching through the box, seeing a stack of autos in hard cases, telling them the stuff is worthless, offering $5.00. He will openly say it's not his fault if the seller didn't know better.
''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)