`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A mess of Trout

A mess of Trout
Thought I'd show off my pre-2012 Trout collection. Almost all (except the autos) I got through Beckett trades in the last year.

http://puu.sh/QK43

I'm looking to trade some (not all!) of my duplicates (US-175, Tristar Pursuit, Obak mini) for PC needs. I'm mainly looking for the following:

1. 2005 and 2006 Verlanders I don't already have, particularly SN and parallels.
2. Verlander SN GU I don't already have.
3. Miguel Cabrera RCs and SN GU (any year)
4. 2010 Mike Stanton SN and GU.

Most of these Trouts I traded up for, so I'm not looking to unload them for the heck of it. Since I'm not a true Trout collector, I've tried trading for his cards so I could better attain my real PC needs. I'm not looking to shuffle bait. If we can work a deal, great. If not, no hard feelings. Also, I'm always looking for more pre-2012 Trouts and will trade in your favor. I have some decent GU stuffI (although the supply is dwindling after completing 10 trades this week). I'd be especially interested in a silver diamond anniversary.

If you take the time to send an offer, I'll take the time to give you a fair look. I'll consider all offers before I check orgs. Thanks for looking.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

RE: A mess of Trout
Holy Trout! Nice collection you have there...that's quite the stack of autos!
[Image: 3XHoG.png][Image: untitled.png]
Collecting:Andrew McCutchen, Duke Snider & Brooklyn Dodgers
I ship on weekends

(08-11-2012, 01:59 PM)rpspenner Wrote: Holy Trout! Nice collection you have there...that's quite the stack of autos!
Thanks! I even traded 1 of my '10 on-card autos for about $50 worth of Verlander/Cabrera/Stanton cards (as part of a larger trade) back in April. D'oh! At the time, it was one of my biggest (and I thought best) trades to date.

I'm big baseball fan and love Trout. (Even drafted him for my fantasy team this spring). He's become so hard to trade for and collect though. My game plan this year was to build up my PCs and, when that wasn't possible, to trade for guys who'd help me get ones I need. In addition to Trout, I also made an effort over the winter to collect: Matt Moore (bust*), Hosmer (sophomore slump hasn't done him or me any favors), Harper, Jacob Turner (bust*), and Nick Castellanos (pretty good). I wish I would have hung on to more of my Trouts. I was trading his base Topps RCs straight up for like $5-6BV as recently as a few weeks ago.

*When I say *bust, I mean that the trades ended up not achieving what I needed to do. No one's banging down my door for my Matt Moores or Jacob Turners. I was able to trade most of my Hosmers for needs/wants though.
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.

Yeah, Trout has blown up. That kid is unreal. I'm kind of glad Moore has stumbled a bit. I'm a big fan, but I never had a chance of picking up his stuff. Now that it's coming down a little, I'm hoping to pick up some of his stuff.
[Image: 3XHoG.png][Image: untitled.png]
Collecting:Andrew McCutchen, Duke Snider & Brooklyn Dodgers
I ship on weekends

(08-11-2012, 02:55 PM)rpspenner Wrote: Yeah, Trout has blown up. That kid is unreal. I'm kind of glad Moore has stumbled a bit. I'm a big fan, but I never had a chance of picking up his stuff. Now that it's coming down a little, I'm hoping to pick up some of his stuff.
I have some decent, relatively lower end Moore. I'd say 10-15 pre-2012 cards (all 2011, I think). Also, I have a purple McCutchen Topps Chrome. -Nothing crazy. If you have any Verlander, Cabrera, Stanton or Castellanos, shoot me a pm and I can mark em FT.

How much did you pay for the autos? You can sell all the inserts and base and make a killing in paypal to buy anything you want. I sold about 15 base/low end inserts and made about $200 profit so I can only imagine what that amount could bring. I'm kicking myself for selling my 2010 Finest refractor and xfractor way to early sold both for $185 in June and they are getting more than that each now.

(08-11-2012, 05:13 PM)jbmm161 Wrote: How much did you pay for the autos? You can sell all the inserts and base and make a killing in paypal to buy anything you want. I sold about 15 base/low end inserts and made about $200 profit so I can only imagine what that amount could bring. I'm kicking myself for selling my 2010 Finest refractor and xfractor way to early sold both for $185 in June and they are getting more than that each now.
I bought the Platinum autos in the last couple weeks, so basically top dollar. (Avg. about $145.) I think if he gets the MVP on top of Rookie of the Year they'll sell pretty well. Personally, I've never sold any cards though and don't intend to start. I'll probably hang on to the autos until I can turn them around for some of my higher end needs.

I picked up a couple '10 Bowman on-card autos earlier this year for about $30 a piece. Traded one of them (as I mentioned earlier). So far, he appears to be a once-in-a-generation talent. Speed, average, power, fielding, arm. Guy has it all. I'm glad I got most of mine through trades (even though I traded up in many instances). And I was able to turn others into PC needs. I probably would have been wiser to have waited a little longer on those "needs" though. lol.