`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
National Convention Redemption Advice Please

National Convention Redemption Advice Please
To all you seasoned veterns and recent attendees of the National Convention, can you give me advice on the redpemtions? I am planning to get redemptions for Topps, Upper Deck, Sportkings, Pannini and maybe Tristar and Historic Autographs. My questions are these:

Should I get there at or before 10 am in order to get all these redemptions?
Is it practical to think I can get all these?
Should I focus on a few first because they are the first to go?

If there is any advice you can give it would be greatly appreciated. This is my first time and I am unaware of what to expect. Thanks a bunch!

RE: National Convention Redemption Advice Please
Topps is only giving out 100 per day as there are only 499 of the Bowman Platinum ones. If you are not a VIP, I don't think your odds are very good at getting a set. We VIPs are allowed in 1/2 hour before General Admission and this morning a lot of them rushed to the Topps booth first; running and all. You can only get one set per day, but you can get another set the second day and I think that is what a lot of the VIPs are doing.

I would say good luck and try and go there first. I hope you get a set.

:( I'm driving through the night tonight to get there early Saturday. I forgot about VIPs getting in early. So, if I'm going in and running, which direction from the entrance is the Topps booth?
[Image: badtime.jpg]

(08-03-2012, 07:22 AM)acevanquish Wrote: Sad I'm driving through the night tonight to get there early Saturday. I forgot about VIPs getting in early. So, if I'm going in and running, which direction from the entrance is the Topps booth?
It is straight back from the entrance. You can see their big blue banner from the entrance.

My friend who is there all weekend told me the Panini line was the equivalent of two blocks long this morning. He's probably exaggerating some but it still doesn't sound very appealing.

Yeah, didn't get one of the Topps 499 sets, but got everything else. If any of the guys that helped me out are on the boards here, I appreciate it. You see, I had guys saving my spot in lines. So, I ended up near the front of the Paninni line and did get a full set of the minis from Topps. There was no line at UD, so I got five packs of those too. Thanks to all that helped out.

I noticed Sunday morning that when we VIPs were allowed in, the Topps line was packed with all dealers. If you were General Admission, you never had a chance. It was not a very good redemption system by Topps for the general public collectors out there who couldn't afford the higher tickets or who were just there for the day.

(08-06-2012, 05:26 AM)fulltritty Wrote: I noticed Sunday morning that when we VIPs were allowed in, the Topps line was packed with all dealers. If you were General Admission, you never had a chance. It was not a very good redemption system by Topps for the general public collectors out there who couldn't afford the higher tickets or who were just there for the day.
Money talks now a days.

Sad but true
[Image: rainbowsig.png]
^Need the Purple 1/1! Will Pay A Finder's Fee!^

Collecting: Andrew McCutchen (me) & Derek Jeter (wife)

(08-06-2012, 05:43 AM)HeyFitzy Wrote: Money talks now a days.

Sad but true
You have to put it in perspective though. VIPS paid $150 for tickets, general admission paid $15-$20 a day. If you paid more wouldn't you want a few perks? That's why dealers got in before us. I have no problem with that because they shelled out $1500-$2000 to set up..
Betts Hursh Kimbrel Smile

[Image: bd2740c1-d591-4332-b7b1-0528f205c994_zpsdbff6c02.jpg]