`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worth getting Framed Auto's and MINI's graded??

Worth getting Framed Auto's and MINI's graded??
Couple weeks ago by some magical god, I managed to pick up a 2012 Allen & Ginter Mini #372 Andrew McCutchen EXT as well as a 2012 A&G Framed Mini Auto of McCutchen.

Would you guys ever consider sending them in to get graded or even if they are even worth getting graded??

Sorry for the question, I'm putting together my first big submission to BGS and want to make sure I submit worthy cards.

[Image: rainbowsig.png]
^Need the Purple 1/1! Will Pay A Finder's Fee!^

Collecting: Andrew McCutchen (me) & Derek Jeter (wife)

RE: Worth getting Framed Auto's and MINI's graded??
The only framed minis I am considering getting graded are the ones I broke out of the frames. I didn't like the look of the ginter frames till this year.

I guess I should add, if you are keeping them and just want to have them slabbed for protection do it. If you are looking to get a high grade and then sell its a gamble. If it gets a 9.5 you will make some money but anything lower is a waste.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

(08-04-2012, 06:38 AM)Haze28 Wrote: The only framed minis I am considering getting graded are the ones I broke out of the frames. I didn't like the look of the ginter frames till this year.

I guess I should add, if you are keeping them and just want to have them slabbed for protection do it. If you are looking to get a high grade and then sell its a gamble. If it gets a 9.5 you will make some money but anything lower is a waste.
I don't like the look of the frames either - I have always worried though that busting them out in essence ruins the original card for grading purposes. Does Beckett still grade them?
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

I don't see the point in grading the EXT mini's. This year I would grade some of the tough insert mini's as many of them seem to be off-center, so finding a nice clean copy and having it graded could help it's potential re-sale value.
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

(08-04-2012, 07:22 AM)homerjg007 Wrote: I don't like the look of the frames either - I have always worried though that busting them out in essence ruins the original card for grading purposes. Does Beckett still grade them?
They do grade them and I think they look better in the Beckett slab than they do in the A&G frame.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]