`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Custom cards for my wife (Update: First auto is in!)

RE: OT: Custom cards for my wife (Update: First auto is in!)
Those are so cool! Congrats on the first return Smile
Currently trying to build 2010 Gridiron Kings
I collect Steve Young, Manny Lawson, Roger Craig and most things Niners.

(08-17-2012, 06:00 AM)jplarson Wrote: Thanks everyone! This has been a delightful project so far.

I use Ulead PhotoImpact 12 SE, a less powerful competitor to Adobe PhotoShop. Unfortunately Corel bought them out and decided to end support for the program back in 2006. But really any program that allows you to work with layers would fit the bill. Paint.Net is a good free one, especially after downloading any number of free plugins. Gimp is another good freeware solution.

I'm using 4x6 glossy photopaper stock. They aren't thick but since I lucked into finding 4x6 semi-rigid Ultra Pro protectors, I'm not concerned about it. My printer would likely curl anything thicker anyways.
alright cool, thanks man. i actually just bought my wife a version of photoimpact a year or so ago. i was mainly curious on the thickness because of the printing process. i could grasp a normal computer printer putting out thick stocked paper. thanks for the info!
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

Congrats on your wives first success. I think she might have pretty good luck as most of these people, I am sure, are not used to getting autograph requests. Good Luck to her, and that had to score some big brownie points for you!!
Always Lookin for Cubs, Bears, Bulls and MMA.

awesome looking cards and great job at making them