Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BGS Submission mailday!!
Video 
BGS Submission mailday!!
Got my package from RW34 today. Very happy to have these beauties in hand! Thanks Wendy for organizing, and thanks also for the nice scans!

First let's start off with the GOLD! Big Grin Stafford scored a 10 on the auto grade as well. Big Grin

[Image: img643.jpg]

Unfortunately that's it for the gold, but most of my submission was '80s and vintage so I wasn't expecting it. Ironically one of the few cards that I felt strongly could get a 9.5 only got a 9 in the Favre 100-stripe. Would have been nice, but I'll take a 9! The 9 on the Reggie XRC is also pretty sah-weet. I thought the Steve Young would do better than 7.5 but it got crushed for centering, which to my untrained eye doesn't look much different than the Kelly.

[Image: img642.jpg]

Love the Bart Starr grades, including a MINT 9 on a 1959 Topps card!

[Image: img645.jpg]

Oh yeah how about a MINT 9 Joe Montana RC?? Love it!! The Elway is OK - mostly looking to see how they grade. Also really pleased with the 8.5 on the Meredith RC.

[Image: img641.jpg]

Lastly, a little more eye candy. Was hoping for at least a 5 on the Horsemen, but I'm not surprised. I wouldn't normally submit a low BV card but the condition was so nice on the 1980 Payton that I just HAD to. Glad I did, too! Smile

[Image: img644.jpg]

Not too bad for my first BGS submission. Won't be my last, either! Anyway, that's it. Show's over! Thanks for looking!
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

RE: BGS Submission mailday!!
Nice solid cards, and some mighty fine gold in there. CongraTZ!
- Collecting Navorro Bowman - http://tinyurl.com/bowmancollection
Total Cards = (236/349) 67%
Auto 59/83 Jersey 4/4

Very nice cards and grades! Love the vintage!

Thanks, guys. I'm pretty pleased.

Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

Great stuff!! It was nice holding all of those!! Smile

Don't forget to check the centering on the back of the cards as that plays a factor as well. That Staffy was one of the scores of the submission imo!
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

Lovin the Jim Brown, Montana and Reggie White(real tough grade for those), you did well with some of your key cards, that four horseman is legendary as well, nice stuff.

you KILLED on tho$e Bart $tarr's...
Smile
Absolutely stupid good grades...wow
Well done my friend!
OMG...i knew it was good,..but wow...
i just looked at the POP report...that 59' is worth its weight in gold my friend..
Best card of the entire submission i think at a 9 in Vintage pre-60' topps HOFer..
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

(08-04-2012, 08:35 AM)chibearsboy Wrote: you KILLED on tho$e Bart $tarr's...
Smile
Absolutely stupid good grades...wow
Well done my friend!
OMG...i knew it was good,..but wow...
i just looked at the POP report...that 59' is worth its weight in gold my friend..
Best card of the entire submission i think at a 9 in Vintage pre-60' topps HOFer..
Thanks, that is one of my favorites. Pretty nice even when you look at the PSA population report.
BVG- 104 total graded. only 2 9s, no 9.5
PSA- 603 total graded. 14 9s, 1 got a 10. Would love to see that card...

Anyway it was really fun to watch the video and see all the good stuff that everyone got. I heard at least one person tried to Jedi Mind Trick Wendy into putting those Paytons into his pile, but I have no idea who that could be... Smile
Banner by mattfastiggi

Those are some great grades! 6.5 on the Jim Brown, pshhh might as well just send that to me Big Grin lol.

Ok so im confused since ive never had anything graded. why did you choose the bvg for the older ones or is it there doing that anything dating back to a certain year is graded bvg instead of the regular grading with the subgrades.

(08-04-2012, 01:27 PM)uwash97 Wrote: Thanks, that is one of my favorites. Pretty nice even when you look at the PSA population report.
BVG- 104 total graded. only 2 9s, no 9.5
PSA- 603 total graded. 14 9s, 1 got a 10. Would love to see that card...

Anyway it was really fun to watch the video and see all the good stuff that everyone got. I heard at least one person tried to Jedi Mind Trick Wendy into putting those Paytons into his pile, but I have no idea who that could be... Smile
the force too strong in Wendy....she makes MY knees weak.....lol..
i need more training from from Master Yoda apparently
Smile
and if i didnt have the set to grade i would be sending in my Sir Walters....i love BGS/BVG slabs around Him
Smile
but another time for those
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95