`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What kind of feedback should I leave for this eBay seller?

RE: What kind of feedback should I leave for this eBay seller?
If eBay would quit charging us so much in fees, then our shipping/handling costs would go down. I'll usually add some to the "shipping and handling" fee to make up for some of those fees, but then again I always ship very nicely packed in a bubble mailer and I include insurance/sig confirmation in the shipping price automatically. I still usually charge $4-5 for shipping. If I set a high BIN, I always do free shipping/handling including insurance.

So yeah, I think this guy is out of line charging so much and then not even properly packing the item. Heck, maybe you should crease the card some how and say it arrived like that because the seller didnt protect the card good enough during shipping. Since the card arrived not how it was described, you can file a paypal claim and get your cash back. Its kind of a dick move but sooner or later it'll come back to him and he best learn his lesson soon. But I guess if its a PC card, well as long as it arrives like the seller stated, does it really matter? I just dont think its smart business what this seller is doing.

When you bid on the item and saw the five dollar shipping price did you expect it to come certified? I think you assumed it would be in a bubble mailer but as long as it got there safe what's the difference. Personally I think people have gotten way out of control with the over protective shipping that is only making the post office more money. Older collectors like myself used to send cards in a pwe all the time and there was never any problem. I use bubble mailers now but only because I don't want negative feedback from anyone. It would be a lot easier and cheaper if we went back to pwe's but I know that I'm in the minority with that opinion.
SET NEEDS;
2012 tribute blue autos - need most
1995-98 football inserts

I have almost 450 positives at 100 percent, and I'm a TRS.

I charge $3.00 shipping ...

40 cents for bubble mailer
10 cents for top loader
2-3 cents for penny sleeve and team bag
1.95 shipping cost
85 cents delivery confirmation

Total comes to $3.33, so I guess my "shipping and handling" charge for what is usually same-day or — at worst — next-day shipping is 33 cents.

Anyone who does less than this and/or charges more than this is lazy or ripping you off, or both.

Period, end of subject.

(08-01-2012, 04:46 PM)jcanavas Wrote: If eBay would quit charging us so much in fees, then our shipping/handling costs would go down. I'll usually add some to the "shipping and handling" fee to make up for some of those fees, but then again I always ship very nicely packed in a bubble mailer and I include insurance/sig confirmation in the shipping price automatically. I still usually charge $4-5 for shipping. If I set a high BIN, I always do free shipping/handling including insurance.
Adding ebay fees to shipping is against ebay policy...and that is one policy I agree with.

(08-01-2012, 05:24 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I have almost 450 positives at 100 percent, and I'm a TRS.

I charge $3.00 shipping ...

40 cents for bubble mailer
10 cents for top loader
2-3 cents for penny sleeve and team bag
1.95 shipping cost
85 cents delivery confirmation

Total comes to $3.33, so I guess my "shipping and handling" charge for what is usually same-day or — at worst — next-day shipping is 33 cents.

Anyone who does less than this and/or charges more than this is lazy or ripping you off, or both.

Period, end of subject.
Assuming you are in the US, 40c for bubble mailer is outrageous for someone who is a TRS. You should be able to get that down to about 10c by buying ~200 at a time online. Also, ebay/paypal shipping is 1.64 for a 3oz bubblemailer + dc (not 2.80).

That drops your actual cost to 3.33 - .30 - 1.16 = 1.87

(08-01-2012, 05:08 PM)lecreccio Wrote: When you bid on the item and saw the five dollar shipping price did you expect it to come certified? I think you assumed it would be in a bubble mailer but as long as it got there safe what's the difference. Personally I think people have gotten way out of control with the over protective shipping that is only making the post office more money. Older collectors like myself used to send cards in a pwe all the time and there was never any problem. I use bubble mailers now but only because I don't want negative feedback from anyone. It would be a lot easier and cheaper if we went back to pwe's but I know that I'm in the minority with that opinion.
The difference is charging $5. I myself will bypass a seller charging more than $3 for shipping a single card as I have sent out a lot of packages myself and I know what the PO charges to ship. Most people use paypal shipping which is even cheaper. If a seller is offering FREE shipping or charging $1 I expect them to use the cheapest method as possible. If they are charging $3 or more I expect that card to be well packaged.

A seller that charges $5 and then uses a PWE with a stamp probably just stuck it the mailbox and raised the flag for the mailman to pick it up. So a $4 "Handling Fee" to walk out to the mailbox is outrageous.

I would deffinately give 1 star for shipping charges and 3 stars for overall and then I would comment, "OVERCHARGES FOR SHIPPING IN PWE"

(08-02-2012, 08:35 AM)kinarism Wrote: Adding ebay fees to shipping is against ebay policy...and that is one policy I agree with.

Assuming you are in the US, 40c for bubble mailer is outrageous for someone who is a TRS. You should be able to get that down to about 10c by buying ~200 at a time online. Also, ebay/paypal shipping is 1.64 for a 3oz bubblemailer + dc (not 2.80).

That drops your actual cost to 3.33 - .30 - 1.16 = 1.87
I buy the mailers 10 at a time, for $4 at WalMart ... my 450 rating is over a handful of years, so I don't do it often enough to justify buying supplies in that much quantity.

Plus, I don't have a home computer to do the eBay/PayPal shipping, so I manually take it to the post office — hence the difference in price.

The purpose of the breakdown was to illustrate that I don't make any money on shipping, and neither should any other honest seller.

Charging $5 to ship a card is ridiculous, especially in a PWE.