`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Just need to vent a little

Just need to vent a little
So this one eBay seller has an Absolute Memoribilia auto/jersey of Celek numbered out of 5. I first asked him if he was going to the National since it says he's from Delaware...no dice. So then i put an offer out there since he wants way too much. He just responded with "no" . Seriously? Not even a counter offer of your original price? Ugh, oh well. What're ya gonna do?

Anyone else run into this problem a lot?

RE: Just need to vent a little
Never run into that before but I do hate it when sellers never reply to questions

[Image: p18mannbanner.gif]

That sucks. Could be worse though... You could have bought a pack of cards and pulled an /5 auto patch and not be able to get your money back. LOL.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

(07-30-2012, 04:09 PM)Marinocollector Wrote: That sucks. Could be worse though... You could have bought a pack of cards and pulled an /5 auto patch and not be able to get your money back. LOL.
True, but if you have over 3,000 completed transactions then you should know you can't ALWAYS get your money back. Sometimes you just have to accept a loss

Maybe he meant no to the question? Sounds like aweful business practice if not though lol
Betts Hursh Kimbrel Smile

[Image: bd2740c1-d591-4332-b7b1-0528f205c994_zpsdbff6c02.jpg]

(07-30-2012, 04:11 PM)mcleodfive Wrote: Maybe he meant no to the question? Sounds like aweful business practice if not though lol
I asked him if he would take a certain amount for it. All he said was "no". He said no to being at the National in a separate message

Sucks... It happens a lot to me... If they say NO, I just move on... The only time I try to go back and forth more is on the 1/1's... ALL the other cards I can WAIT if they are trying to screw me... A LOT of people think their cards are worth gold prices... I hate to tell people, but it's a BUYERS market put there these days... Especially for my stuff...

Sadly, it happens. Jus seems like sellers like that jus want what they want for their cards, regardless whether or not they put the BO option in the auction. My advice is to jus try to be patient. Hopefully he will come to his senses or another one will surface. Best of luck either way!
[Image: banner.jpg]
Collecting everything BRETT FAVRE
Packers HOF Autos
**LF/WTB: Packers '97, '98 & '99 Precious Metal Gems & Flair Legacy Collection Parallels!!**

(07-30-2012, 05:22 PM)slotman11 Wrote: Sucks... It happens a lot to me... If they say NO, I just move on... The only time I try to go back and forth more is on the 1/1's... ALL the other cards I can WAIT if they are trying to screw me... A LOT of people think their cards are worth gold prices... I hate to tell people, but it's a BUYERS market put there these days... Especially for my stuff...
This one's 1/5 so I don't really know if I can pass

(07-30-2012, 03:43 PM)jkiddlridnour Wrote: So then i put an offer out there since he wants way too much. He just responded with "no" . Seriously? Not even a counter offer of your original price? Ugh, oh well. What're ya gonna do?

Anyone else run into this problem a lot?
Not a lot, but it has happened to me one memorable time. I fully admit I lowballed the seller, but the card was listed a penny below BV, so I had to at least get some sort of foot in the door for negotiations. Instead, he declines my offer without even a word, AND HE BLOCKS ME FROM BIDDING ON HIS AUCTIONS!
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed