`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2010 Harper Aflac auto

2010 Harper Aflac auto
Hey guys. Its been about 4 years since I got out of collecting but recently got bitten by the bug once again. Anyways, I just snagged a 2010 Bowman Aflac Bryce Harper auto for $199.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221041668966?ssP...1497.l2649

I'm curious about it since its a non-numbered version. Any thoughts from you guys? Thanks!

JC

RE: 2010 Harper Aflac auto
Considering the #/230 goes for a g. I don't know about this one. Maybe probably paid what it's worth straight up.

Send it in and get it graded. If you get 9.5 and 10 on the Auto you can sell it for what the #/230 is worth.

Nice pick up btw.
[Image: rainbowsig.png]
^Need the Purple 1/1! Will Pay A Finder's Fee!^

Collecting: Andrew McCutchen (me) & Derek Jeter (wife)

(06-04-2012, 11:42 PM)HeyFitzy Wrote: Considering the #/230 goes for a g. I don't know about this one. Maybe probably paid what it's worth straight up.

Send it in and get it graded. If you get 9.5 and 10 on the Auto you can sell it for what the #/230 is worth.

Nice pick up btw.
I agree. As long as it comes back authentic your all set. The way it sits, probably worth what you paid for it until you send it in. The way it looks from here though, the auto looks legit to me. But I've been fooled before.
[Image: B1tP5.png]
*RED SOX * PATRIOTS * CELTICS * BRUINS*
*I'm currently looking for autos of Tom Brady, David Ortiz, and Yasiel Puig!!!*

Yeah I don't know, definitely get it authenticated

"Please note this is not the version that topps released in packs with serial number, but a series hand signed at ballparks by Bryce"
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

Thanks guys. There is one similar that is up for auction ending in a few days: (NOT MY AUCTION)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110890758688?ssP...1423.l2649

So it has a scan of the back of the card with the topps authentication sticker on it. I did see another version that was authenticated on sale for $999 but was not graded due to lines down the card or so the auction says. I compared the auto to several graded and raw autos and it looks very legit to me. The seller has 100% feedback so Im not too worried about misrepresentation of the item.

Its going to be sent off for grading the day I get it in the mail. lol. Here's to a 9.5! :-)

good luck

Well, got the results back after sending into JSA and grading by beckett. Is indeed authentic. Card overall got a 9.0 and the auto got a 9. Could have been better on the grade but I am stoked it came back authentic. It's the 2009, not 2010 as that's a misprint.

Keep it or ??

Thanks!

(07-28-2012, 05:38 PM)jcanavas Wrote: Well, got the results back after sending into JSA and grading by beckett. Is indeed authentic. Card overall got a 9.0 and the auto got a 9. Could have been better on the grade but I am stoked it came back authentic. It's the 2009, not 2010 as that's a misprint.

Keep it or ??

Thanks!
I personally would keep it but I've been bit by hanging on to things too long lol I have a rough time letting go of things so it's really a good thing I'm not ever really in this to make money.

That aside, I also would say keep it a few more weeks and see if he continues tailing off in his rookie campaign. His average has been dipping a little bit last 2-3 weeks. I doubt his cards will cool off that much before the end of this season. I think he'll bounce back and have a couple solid weeks end of August time frame but I got no empirical evidence to support this wild conjecture Smile If he does indeed have a couple games/weeks tear you could probably unload for even more then as the talk about Rookie of the Year and such would increase.

(07-28-2012, 09:36 PM)aktlingit Wrote: I personally would keep it but I've been bit by hanging on to things too long lol I have a rough time letting go of things so it's really a good thing I'm not ever really in this to make money.

That aside, I also would say keep it a few more weeks and see if he continues tailing off in his rookie campaign. His average has been dipping a little bit last 2-3 weeks. I doubt his cards will cool off that much before the end of this season. I think he'll bounce back and have a couple solid weeks end of August time frame but I got no empirical evidence to support this wild conjecture Smile If he does indeed have a couple games/weeks tear you could probably unload for even more then as the talk about Rookie of the Year and such would increase.
Thanks for your reply! I am thinking on holding it for a bit longer, for pretty much what you said, but I like the backup. lol. If he gets nl rookie of the year I could see it spiking some.

Thanks!

Yeah the one I had and sold for $1200 had the serial numbering on the back
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS