Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Organizations to donate cards

Organizations to donate cards
Hey everyone,
I'm currently organizing all of my cards and will eventually be trying to downsize my collection. Chances are I'm going to have a lot of cards that I won't have anything to do with.

Does anyone know of a good organization that takes cards and gets them to kids or other people that would want/need them more than I do?

Any org would work, but a non-profit with its non-profit status secured would be preferred, because I hate to be "that guy," but I could definitely use a tax write-off.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be welcome.

Thanks.
Kepler

RE: Organizations to donate cards
I had about 20,000 cards a few months back that I just dropped off at Goodwill. I figured someone would have fun with them. No clue on the tax write off stuff though as I just drop them off and leave.

i donate them all to dana farber and the jimmy fund (or sell them to raise funds for them)

If you live near one, a Shriners crippled children hospital is a great place. It is an orthopedic hospital which takes kids from babies until 18 yrs old and charges absolutely nothing.

I know about this one http://commons4kids.org/blog/ but it's NOT an official non-profit so they can't give you a tax break.
PC=Giancarlo Stanton, Kemp, Longoria, Tulowitzki, Griffey Jr, Pujols, Jeter, Randy Johnson, Helton, Biggio, Bagwell, Chipper Jones, Votto..
I trade for similar cards.

I just got rid of about 50,000 cards...so many monster boxes of commons..
Gave some to Goodwill, others to the National Children's network (pick up at house!) and to a 11 y.o. boy who lost all his cards in a flooded basement last spring..(gave him 5 monster boxes of singles from 2003-3006
He was an Orioles collector and I had some set aside for a trade that went sour..so they were his..Wieter RC too... Kids face lit up..made it worthwhile.

I usually bring them down to the local hospital. I know a friend who works there and passes them out to the kids.
[Image: yankees2copy.jpg]

Any children's hospital would be good to donate them to.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]