`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Not sure what to do - UPDATE!!! Finally have cards in hand!!!

RE: Not sure what to do
That does suck! Hope the cards end up getting back to you.

RE: Not sure what to do - UPDATE!!!
After a couple days waiting to hear back from BGS I received an email confirming they did accidentally mail my cards to someone in California. Luckily for me the person who received my cards is a repeat customer of BGS and is sending my cards back to BGS which will then be forwarded to me. THANK GOODNESS!!!

Also Ive been trying to confirm that this card is 100% authentic and I finally have my proof.

[Image: 06-07-2012031621PM.jpg]

The eBay seller told me they pulled the card from a case of 2011 Topps Five Star at his lcs and while its nice to hear it doesnt hold much water. After submitting the card to BGS and after it came back graded/deemed unaltered, I was still starving to know if this card is 100% real. I contacted the ebay seller again asking what lcs he pulled the card from and he told me The Old Ballpark located in Oklahoma City. I couldnt find a website at first so I was still suspicious. I then found them on facebook with their location and contact info matching up and finally got the confirmation I needed. The lcs owner confirmed the Marino was definitely pulled from her shop with these exact patches placed in the card. Needless to say I couldnt be more happy!!! #peaceofmind lol.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

If your cards weren't going to come back I was going to suggest go to Irving, appropriate a Case 821 (Cat 966/954 works too) and swing by the BGS offices.
Nice to hear Bman.
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]

That's all kinds of good news, what with you getting your cards (eventually) and confirming with the shop owner that the patches are legit. Rest easy tonight!
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

So what happens if that guy doesn't mail them back? I mean just by looking at them they seem like very expensive cards.
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

(07-27-2012, 01:07 AM)mrgonzodad Wrote: If your cards weren't going to come back I was going to suggest go to Irving, appropriate a Case 821 (Cat 966/954 works too) and swing by the BGS offices.
Nice to hear Bman.
Thanks man. Im hoping to get my cards in hand by next week. If not IDK what would happen next.
(07-27-2012, 01:47 AM)uwash97 Wrote: That's all kinds of good news, what with you getting your cards (eventually) and confirming with the shop owner that the patches are legit. Rest easy tonight!
Thanks. I just want to get my cards back already lol. I have had the booklet in hand for only 2 days and I bought it on Jun 4th...
(07-27-2012, 01:49 AM)georgehenrycollector Wrote: So what happens if that guy doesn't mail them back? I mean just by looking at them they seem like very expensive cards.
I dont even want to think about that happening lol. Im staying positive.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

(07-27-2012, 12:52 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote: After a couple days waiting to hear back from BGS I received an email confirming they did accidentally mail my cards to someone in California. Luckily for me the person who received my cards is a repeat customer of BGS and is sending my cards back to BGS which will then be forwarded to me. THANK GOODNESS!!!

Also Ive been trying to confirm that this card is 100% authentic and I finally have my proof.

[Image: 06-07-2012031621PM.jpg]

The eBay seller told me they pulled the card from a case of 2011 Topps Five Star at his lcs and while its nice to hear it doesnt hold much water. After submitting the card to BGS and after it came back graded/deemed unaltered, I was still starving to know if this card is 100% real. I contacted the ebay seller again asking what lcs he pulled the card from and he told me The Old Ballpark located in Oklahoma City. I couldnt find a website at first so I was still suspicious. I then found them on facebook with their location and contact info matching up and finally got the confirmation I needed. The lcs owner confirmed the Marino was definitely pulled from her shop with these exact patches placed in the card. Needless to say I couldnt be more happy!!! #peaceofmind lol.
If I would have known that it was The Old Ballpark, I could have eased your mind a bit. I used to live in OKC and shopped there all the time. They are a class act store.
Oh... Happy Endings too!
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed