`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nash is a Ranger.............

RE: Nash is a Ranger.............
(07-23-2012, 07:17 PM)stadium sports cards Wrote: Superstar for that package.

Congrats to the rangers.

Crime of the century.
Sorry, but I do not put Rick Nash in the superstar category. His career numbers are not that great IMO. As with all trades time will tell...........

(07-23-2012, 08:23 PM)rippinwax Wrote: Sorry, but I do not put Rick Nash in the superstar category. His career numbers are not that great IMO. As with all trades time will tell...........
Numbers aren't necessarily a fair barometer of his talent.. Scott Cullen (TSN.ca) wrote in his "Numbers Game" that the 5-on-5 numbers for Anisimov and Nash are nearly identical. I'm sure no one would consider Anismiov anywhere near the talent that Nash is. Nash has had no one to play with nearly his entire career and faced the top checkers/D-men night in and night out.. and if he play anywhere near the way he played in the 2010 Olympics, then he's absolutely a superstar

In fairness, I bet many people were saying the same thing about Dany Heatley when he was traded from Atlanta..... and Ottawa.... and San Jose...
[Image: finlandbanner.jpg]
Bucket - http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/phildonu37/ (I don't update my bucket when stuff is gone)

(07-23-2012, 08:23 PM)rippinwax Wrote: Sorry, but I do not put Rick Nash in the superstar category. His career numbers are not that great IMO. As with all trades time will tell...........
I totally agree. I'd rather have any of these guys over Nash:

Crosby
Malkin
Giroux
Datsyuk
Ovechkin
Kovalchuk
Stamkos
Toews
Kane
Hossa
Thornton
Eberle
RNH
Kopitar
St. Louis
Staal
Zetterberg
Backstrom
Perry
Couture
Benn
Richards
Erikkson
Seguin
Iginla
Perry
Getzlaf
Ryan
Tavares
Parise
...am I leaving anyone out?

I guess it depends on whether one's definition of a superstar requires that he be in the top 30 most offensively talented and productive forwards in the league. I think Nash may ust be the most overrated player in the NHL, but the Rangers are going to be a really fun team to watch if I'm wrong.
LOGAN COUTURE | MARTIN ST. LOUIS | JEREMY ROENICK | JONATHAN TOEWS
Malkin | Iginla | Datsyuk | Kane | Larionov | Thornton | Fedorov
(Link) Gimme Your: 09-10 SP Authentic | 09-10 Ice | 07-08 O-Pee-Chee

Considering Nash has has 30 & 40 goal seasons playing with absolute scrubs on his lines on some BAD Columbus teams, now that he's going to be playing with Brad Richards & Marian Gaborik, he's going to put up some really good numbers.

almost as bad as the Whalers trade with Ron Francis ....

(07-23-2012, 07:17 PM)stadium sports cards Wrote: Crime of the century.
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

Nash, Richards, Gaborik, Stepan, Kreider, Hagelin & Callahan are a scary front 7. Plus with Rupp & Asham, nobody is gonna mess with them either. Their D is Staal, Girardi, Del Zotto, McDonaugh, Stralman & Bickel - all under 28 years old. Plus with #30 in net, they'll be tough to score against.

Meanwhile my Islanders are in year 3,248,905,679,245,697 of their rebuild. Only 2,389,752,368,952,897 more years to go!

(07-25-2012, 02:38 PM)azicet Wrote: Nash, Richards, Gaborik, Stepan, Kreider, Hagelin & Callahan are a scary front 7. Plus with Rupp & Asham, nobody is gonna mess with them either. Their D is Staal, Girardi, Del Zotto, McDonaugh, Stralman & Bickel - all under 28 years old. Plus with #30 in net, they'll be tough to score against.

Meanwhile my Islanders are in year 3,248,905,679,245,697 of their rebuild. Only 2,389,752,368,952,897 more years to go!

All good points. Plus, they are still not done adding & have cap space! They also kept J.T. Miller in the system, whom I thought they would loose in any Rick Nash deal.

Hear it from a Day One season ticket holder of the CBJ.

Rick Nash is and will continue to be a superstar.

Ranger fans are in for a real treat.

The only thing over-rated are Ranger fans.

Howson is a turd.

(07-28-2012, 08:49 PM)cbj collector Wrote: Hear it from a Day One season ticket holder of the CBJ.

Howson is a turd.
Yes, he is a superstar. I have seen him play so many times at "the Joe" and although the blue jackets get smoked, it is not Datsyuk or Zetterberg who are the best player on the ice - it's always Nash.

(07-28-2012, 08:49 PM)cbj collector Wrote: Hear it from a Day One season ticket holder of the CBJ.

Howson is a turd.
Yes, he is a superstar. I have seen him play so many times at "the Joe" and although the blue jackets get smoked, it is not Datsyuk or Zetterberg who are the best player on the ice - it's always Nash.