`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Classy move by an ebay seller!

Classy move by an ebay seller!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So im keeping tabs on an auction for 2 days,bidding when im outbid.I continue to be the high bidder and with 14 hours left they pull the plug,at a 71.00 high bid!Now i see they listed the lot today at a 150.00 min.bid!Why waste peoples time by starting with a lower starting price,only to pull the auction (with 18 bids!) because it wasnt going for what you wanted?Will ebay do anything,or is that just if it had gone final?

RE: Classy move by an ebay seller!
That's the way it is... eBay sellers are awesome... No really...

That's awful that the seller did that. They should not be allowed to pull an auction that has a bid on it, unless of course this happens:

A couple weeks I was watching an auction for a baseball card. It was being listed as the rarest version of the 1989 Fleer #616 Bill Ripken card (the whiteout version.) I was going to bid on it, but something told me that that would be a bad idea. After doing some investigating, I discovered that it was not the whiteout version card, but the white scribble version, which books for far less than the $75.00 bid that was being shown on screen. I contacted the seller and explained to him that the item was certainly not what he said it was. He did the right thing and pulled the auction.

When someone puts a listing on eBay, they should know that a lot of the time people won't pay full price for an item. It's a risk you take by using eBay.

(07-23-2012, 02:58 PM)alxtb Wrote: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So im keeping tabs on an auction for 2 days,bidding when im outbid.I continue to be the high bidder and with 14 hours left they pull the plug,at a 71.00 high bid!Now i see they listed the lot today at a 150.00 min.bid!Why waste peoples time by starting with a lower starting price,only to pull the auction (with 18 bids!) because it wasnt going for what you wanted?Will ebay do anything,or is that just if it had gone final?
Well the seller has every right to try to get as much as they can for their cards, as a seller myself this is why I do Buy it Now with best offers. eBay will not do anything about because they did nothing wrong in their eyes. I don't agree with it but I wouldn't care either as I would just move on to the next auction. Have you even contacted the seller to see why they re-listed it or what their bottom dollar is for the lot?
My Bucket
http://s1000.photobucket.com/albums/af12...nding1973/
[Image: nameplate.jpg]

If I am interested in trading I will send a trade or reply to your post.

If I "M" thinking about the same card... I know the seller.... he put good money into the card, he buys a TON, is based out of Orlando, and frequents Jacksonville. He'd rather get his money than take a loss because he knows he will get it. What he did isn't against eBay rules, I know it sucks... but hey...
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.