`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1960 topps early wynn question

1960 topps early wynn question
i was happy as a lark to pick this up for eleven bucks...i received it and figured its gradable..ive never had anything graded before so im not familiar...but if it grades at an 8 its worth like 40 times what i paid...HUGE dropoff if its a 7...so my question
.honestly..would it be worth it based on pics?
[Image: 2012-07-21_05-25-12_458.jpg]
[Image: 2012-07-21_05-29-12_885.jpg]

RE: 1960 topps early wynn question
less than 7, for sure, due to surface (discolorization in the red area) and centering. id say the centering is probably going to be a 6 or less, so the highest it could be is a 6.5

Just going off the scans, I don't think you're going to pull an eight and more likely around a six, MAYBE a seven but I honestly don't think it will make that. It looks like that bottom right corner is soft and the centering isn't great. Those are the immediate things I see and I'm only looking at this on my iPhone. If you're looking to resell, I'd keep it raw. If it was in my PC I'd probably grade it but ultimately that's personal choice.

Its not that bad, not all 1960 cards can grade over 5 so i think due to centering and decoloration like jacoby said affects the surface. I think it can grade around a 6 maybe which isnt bad for the year of the card.
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

actually the scan doesnt do justice but yea, nice eye...that corner is just barely soft..and i knew centering isnt good..just hadnt ever had a card graded..let alone one this old..and for a 60 #1 i am happy..was seeing if i could get greedy Wink. thanks the the input guys!

its a nice card none the less....I still find it amazing the condition of some of these cards that are 50+ years old!! Imo I'd slab it & keep it!!Smile
[Image: 3x75s.png]
a big shout out to jbel4331 for the AWESOME '75 cards!!
PC:TRIBUTE & HERITAGE & CHROME.GRADED '75 TOPPS & VINTAGE