`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just got screwed by PayPal/eBay

Just got screwed by PayPal/eBay
In early June, I sold a lot of my cards on eBay. I recently was emailed by PayPal that the buyer claimed a 'chargeback' saying that he never paid for the cards, that the transaction was fraudulent. I used delivery confirmation and I know he received my cards. He has since posted them for sale on eBay. I sent PayPal scans of the DC I used and a copy of the receipt from USPS. They refunded the buyer the money, so now I am out $70.00!!!

What should I do now? A lot of people said to buy all his items, leave neg feedback and not pay for them, and just take a bunch of strikes on my eBay account. All opinions are welcome, thank you.
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]

RE: Just got screwed by PayPal/eBay
What the eff???

Can you say fraud?!

I'd love to put him through the ringer
[Image: rainbowsig.png]
^Need the Purple 1/1! Will Pay A Finder's Fee!^

Collecting: Andrew McCutchen (me) & Derek Jeter (wife)

Maybe there is more to the story..you called Paypal..are you a Powerseller??
Does not seem right that you have proof that the guy scammed you..
Paypal has never done anything like this to me or anyone I know..
Something is wrong here..somewhere there is a breakdown..

I might consider legal action if they story is as you say...
Although DC is only proof that they arrived at the address and not to the person directly, the fact that the same cards are appearing for sale by the buyer (serial #ed cards etc would make it easier to ID), you are in the right here...contact someone with legal advise

What is wrong with people!?!? I'm sick of the scammers that give the good people a bad name. Why is it so hard to be honest? (Same question can be asked in politics.lol)

I would still be calling paypal, that's wrong since you have proof.
[Image: IHCE8.png][Image: lgj21.png]

Collecting the players in my sig. If you have any please hit me up!

Questions about any card please PM me!

(07-18-2012, 03:14 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: Maybe there is more to the story..you called Paypal..are you a Powerseller??

Although DC is only proof that they arrived at the address and not to the person directly, the fact that the same cards are appearing for sale by the buyer (serial #ed cards etc would make it easier to ID), you are in the right here...contact someone with legal advise
I agree that there seems to be some kind of breakdown here. With as much proof as they are claiming, they should have no problem with getting PayPal to properly resolve the issue. As for seeking legal advice, it's pointless, as it would be a small claims court issue if it got that far and getting an attorney involved will cost you more than the $70 you are going after.

Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(07-18-2012, 03:14 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: Maybe there is more to the story..you called Paypal..are you a Powerseller??

I am not a powerseller, I just reached over 300 in feedback.

Here is a link to the card he won http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-Topps-Tripl...500wt_1202

Here is a link to the card he won and is reselling http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-topps-tripl...500wt_1202

Looks like he photoshopped the color of the jersey swatches and is listing it as a 2010 card when the card is a 2011 card.
(07-18-2012, 04:04 PM)djohn Wrote: I agree that there seems to be some kind of breakdown here. With as much proof as they are claiming, they should have no problem with getting PayPal to properly resolve the issue. As for seeking legal advice, it's pointless, as it would be a small claims court issue if it got that far and getting an attorney involved will cost you more than the $70 you are going after.
I don't plan on doing small claims, like you said, the fees will cost more than the 70 I am out. Is there anything I can do, other than take the loss?

I agree with everyone else has said prior to that there must be some sort of breakdown, but why are you out $70? You sold your card for $32 +$3 shipping, thats only $35. Did he win other cards as well or something?
Collecting Eric Hosmer and Alex Gordon
[Image: tperks.gif]
Do not trade list: charbs1111

You should have canceled his bid after ya checked out his nice 97% feedback......Oh you didn't check who the bidder/buyer was right? Win the cards & do a chargeback yourself.
PC=Giancarlo Stanton, Kemp, Longoria, Tulowitzki, Griffey Jr, Pujols, Jeter, Randy Johnson, Helton, Biggio, Bagwell, Chipper Jones, Votto..
I trade for similar cards.

(07-18-2012, 04:24 PM)tperks76 Wrote: I agree with everyone else has said prior to that there must be some sort of breakdown, but why are you out $70? You sold your card for $32 +$3 shipping, thats only $35. Did he win other cards as well or something?
Yes, there is one more card he won for $35.00. He hasn't re-listed this one.

This guy is a crook..