`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Awesome pickup from my Dad

Awesome pickup from my Dad
I'll try to make this short. Within a span of 3 months my Mom lost her battle with cancer and my wife left me. Needless to say I was pretty down. Another member, Marines21 is a good friend from back in the day and convinced me to get back into cards after 15 years or so. Fast forward to last night my Dad is finally getting over the heartache of losing his wife and is finally going through the house after a year of her passing. My Dad is a huge Bettis collector and he collected Sanders but, he's been out of cards for awhile. While cleaning I came across a box that said "Football Cards". I open it and was blown away "I said Dad theres over a 100 Sanders inserts in here" and he said "No theres over 200 and you can have them, they're doubles" So here they are, I know they're all from the 90's but, I'm still excited to see whats there. I'm going through them today my hope is to be able to sell and/or trade enough to score a nice Bettis auto or two for him. Sorry for the long story but, thanks for reading.
[Image: 037f165b.jpg]
[Image: mAkA0.png]

I work 3rd shift, so it might take a day or two to get back to you. Trades usually don't get mailed out on Tuesdays-Thursdays. Thanks!
My Bucket
http://s1057.photobucket.com/albums/t389...r%20trade/

RE: Awesome pickup from my Dad
wow... sorry to hear all this, and hope you guys are doing ok... as for finding the Sanders cards, that is so cool, and I am sure you will be able to get a Bettis auto or two for them... hang in there man... if I ever come across any, they are yours...

Wow. Sorry for your loss. Enjoy the cards and hope to see you on the boards now Smile
Currently trying to build 2010 Gridiron Kings
I collect Steve Young, Manny Lawson, Roger Craig and most things Niners.

That's quite a collection!! Sorry for your loss. And no need to apologize for the long story. You'd be surprised at how many people sit up and take notice on this forum!!

Have fun with those cards!

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Sorry all that has happened to you. That's aweful..... I lost my mom to breast cancer about a year and a half ago... Pretty traumatic experience, but you get through it. Hope you land on your feet soon. Sweet Barry's by the way!
Betts Hursh Kimbrel Smile

[Image: bd2740c1-d591-4332-b7b1-0528f205c994_zpsdbff6c02.jpg]

Sorry about your loss bud. 200 Barry inserts and they are dupes??? Your dad must have a nice Barry PC. Awesome find by your Dad!!!
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

Thanks everyone.

Mcleodfive- sorry to hear about your Mother. It's been almost 13 months to the day since my mom passed. She had pancreatic cancer. Cancer is nasty stuff.

I don't remember my dad having a ton of Sanders so I asked him, he had a trading buddy that I kind of remember that was hit head on by a drunk driver and killed and his wife gave my dad all his Sanders, so the ones he gave me are the ones my dad had.
[Image: mAkA0.png]

I work 3rd shift, so it might take a day or two to get back to you. Trades usually don't get mailed out on Tuesdays-Thursdays. Thanks!
My Bucket
http://s1057.photobucket.com/albums/t389...r%20trade/