`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easy come... Easy Go - How did I do?

Easy come... Easy Go - How did I do?
So I had some serious retail mojo on Friday. Bought a blaster of 2012 Topps Series 2 and did OK - Albert Pujols SP.

Also got a blaster of 2012 Archives - and pulled a redemption card - looked for a minute to be sure I was seeing it correctly - Bryce Harper Fan Favorites Autograph redemption!!

Easily my best retail pull.

So, since I am not yet sold on him and his cards holding their value I decided to sell. Last few redemptions on the bay went for between $290 and $320.

Took it to my LCS and the owner freaked (said he opened 3 cases trying to get one of those).

Ended up giving it to him for $220 cash and 2 boxes of 2012 Topps Hobby. Saved on eBay/PayPal fees, postage and headaches, so I think I did pretty good.

Just curious if you guys agree - my only concern was how fast he agreed to it - not sure if I got the bad end, or he was just so pumped to see it.

*At least I can say I had a Harper AU for about 16 hours!

Thanks,

Ken
CURRENT NEEDS:
*2011 Topps Black Diamond Wrapper Redemptions (wants marked in ORG)
*All Carl Edwards Cards I don't have (wants marked in ORG)
*Marcus Thornton, Kevin Johnson (NBA)
*"Air Coryell" San Diego Chargers
[Image: 6802037740_e2e39685ee.jpg]

RE: Easy come... Easy Go - How did I do?
I think you did well. Congrats on your pull!
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

Congrats on the hit! I would say cash is cash. How did you do on the two boxes of topps?

Congrats! I wouldve sold it as well, I think you did good!!
[Image: 3x75s.png]
a big shout out to jbel4331 for the AWESOME '75 cards!!
PC:TRIBUTE & HERITAGE & CHROME.GRADED '75 TOPPS & VINTAGE

220 plus 2 boxes of topps great deal IMO
Trade Site

ALWAYS COLLECTING ALEX RODRIGUEZ RC, AUTO'S

I think it's a fantastic deal. Does your LCS have a lot of Archives autos FS since he opened that much of the product?
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

(07-09-2012, 02:16 AM)Haze28 Wrote: I think it's a fantastic deal. Does your LCS have a lot of Archives autos FS since he opened that much of the product?
You did great! Congratulations, I honestly do not believe that my LCS would come close to what you received.
Always looking for Al Kaline cards - Mr. Tiger!

The big secret to this hobby is no emotion. If you're not a huge Harper fan then you did the right thing. The worst thing you can do in this hobby is treat your cards like they are family, you'll never let them go no matter what and that's very dangerous. I think you made a very smart business decision, and with what you got in return you can build your PC!

You did well.

He has quite a few listed on ebay (not sure if I am allowed to list his username but it is: d_and_p_sportscards - if not allowed, mods please edit this) If your interested his prices are pretty reasonable, or send me a list and I'll check in person next time I go in - might get a better deal in person on them. I have the Ken Singleton if you need it.

He is the same store where the 2011 Bowman Chrome Harper Superfractor AND the 2011 Bowman Chrome Harper Superfractor AU were both pulled.

(07-09-2012, 02:16 AM)Haze28 Wrote: I think it's a fantastic deal. Does your LCS have a lot of Archives autos FS since he opened that much of the product?

(07-09-2012, 09:02 AM)carolinahuey Wrote: The big secret to this hobby is no emotion. If you're not a huge Harper fan then you did the right thing. The worst thing you can do in this hobby is treat your cards like they are family, you'll never let them go no matter what and that's very dangerous. I think you made a very smart business decision, and with what you got in return you can build your PC!
I actually like Harper, and think he will have a good career, but I think his card values are still overinflated right now. Even if he ended up with a HOF career (think George Brett not Mantle or Ruth), still not sure if the card would be worth that much. If he does end up being a HOFer, think about how many AU cards will be out by then and I just can't see them being worth this same amount.

CURRENT NEEDS:
*2011 Topps Black Diamond Wrapper Redemptions (wants marked in ORG)
*All Carl Edwards Cards I don't have (wants marked in ORG)
*Marcus Thornton, Kevin Johnson (NBA)
*"Air Coryell" San Diego Chargers
[Image: 6802037740_e2e39685ee.jpg]