`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Anyone Still Use Binders

RE: Does Anyone Still Use Binders
No it is helpful. For instance I collect Willie McGee. He will get his own binder so it doesn't matter what teams he was on, all of his cards will go in the same place. On the other hand, Greg Maddux will go in my Braves binder, all Cubs, Dodgers, Padres cards will be sorted and stored in my box listed FS/FT, except for his RCs which will go in a my PC box under RCs.

I use binders for my Master Prado Collection. I have one of each of his cards inside the binders.
I have is 1/1's and other valuable cards on display so I scan them and put a print of the card in the binder.

If I don't have the card I have a slip of paper with the Brand/Set/Number and if it has a print run. That way I can keep track of what cards I am missing and don't have to re-arrange the collection when I get a new card in.

I also use boxes for my duplicate cards and cards in toploaders. I am over 3,000 Prado cards in the last 6 years.
X

Can someone post a picture of how you have your binders labeled? How you have your top loaders separated?

I tried buying those hard plastic separators, but they are too short and don't really separate, just looking for some ideas....

I got label maker to mark the binders.

[Image: IMAG0018.jpg]

As for dividers the paper dividers work fine:

[Image: IMAG0019.jpg]
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

I collect every player in the Hall of Fame and players who have the potential to be inducted into the Hall of Fame. That's a lot of different players. I store all of my player collections in binders.

The binders pictured here contain cards valued under $2 for each player that I collect. Most players have their own binder. I also have a binder for each player containing cards valued at $2 and higher and those binders are stored in the fireproof safe on the right. That means I have binders of Griffey, ARod, Jeter, Pujols, etc., on the shelf but also a binder for each of them in my safe. All of the boxes are commons and the rest of my sets, each box is a different year. The two shelves just below the binders on the left are duplicates of commons and I have other boxes not pictured here of all my star players duplicates.

I also have boxes of cards valued $2 and up of vintage and all my GU and autos in the safe. This is the system that seems to work best for me.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

I just moved on to binder #2 of my ARod collection. haha. The biggest binder I could find wasn't enough! All my GU's,Auto(Only got 1),anything over $10,and rookies are in Loaders.

[Image: IMG_8267.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4130.jpg]

[Image: 60JLt.png]

[Image: TexasHorns.jpg]

My Teams: Longhorns (Colt McCoy & Vince Young PC) - Ravens (Ray Lewis PC) - Yankees (Alex Rodriguez PC)

For team binder I go with what team the card says. For example most of the Fielder cards I have are in a Brewers uniform so they go in the Brewers team binder. The new cards with him in a Tigers uniform go into the Tigers team binder. I do have a misc. binder for players that have not played with a major league team, such as the WBC cards or Negro league players.
[Image: H8Ura.png]
SIGNATURE IMAGE CREATED BY
jbel4331 [ http://www.beckett.com/forums/user-153852.html ]

(07-03-2012, 07:12 PM)x yankeemike x Wrote: I just moved on to binder #2 of my ARod collection. haha. The biggest binder I could find wasn't enough! All my GU's,Auto(Only got 1),anything over $10,and rookies are in Loaders.

[Image: IMG_8267.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4130.jpg]
Just how many ARod cards do you have?

I use binders for a few different things:

1) I have many current and retired stars in binders sorted alphabetically and anothe binder for hall of famers. I tend to weed out some of the stars that didn't go to the hall, but I'm a little behind on that.

2) when I was younger and started putting sets together but never finished I would sometimes put them in binders. To me it seemed to save space compared to putting them in boxes, but everyone is different when it comes to that. I have recently been buying more of the single sleeve boxes and trying to free up some binders for another project I may start on.

I hope this gives you some more insight as to what to do with all your cards.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

My system is simple. Boxes in set numeric order (ok so not quite done yet putting this, or any system together as we have seen takes time, but doing it with your kids is great). Anything under $1 no protection, $1-4.99 penny sleeve, $5 and up loader, and some $4 cards that have potential to rise (who has time to continually check the guide on all your cards). Graded cards don't fit so they have a separate shelf. I even keep any dups in numeric order (those that don't go to the kids). Beats trying to figure out where something could be when you want it.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!