`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to make of this patch? marinocollector where are you???

RE: What to make of this patch? marinocollector where are you???
just a dumb thought possibly BUT.. this card looks.. old..plainly.. could it have possibly been exposed to sunlight more often then should for it to fade?? like i said.. its a DUMB thought... I know i keep my cards in these"uv protected" cases under my bed so they stay pretty mint.
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

No tampering around the window at all...

As far as fading, what looks faded? The green is much darker than most Dolphins teal.

Jersey cards were not released until 1996 and from that point the Dolphins jersey is basically the same as it is now so to see any "unique" colored patch is a caution sign. However in the late 80s and early 90s the jersey was a little darker.

Your card features a color scheme that goes thick white, followed by skinny green, followed by thick orange. The only year that followed that scheme was the 1994 season. It was also the year where they wore the 75th anniversary patch. The color scheme in your card can only be the home jersey from 1994 and can only be found on the sleeve. The 1999 version was similar however featured a dark blue strip on the sleeve and was fully screen printed without clear visible holes unlike the 1994 version.

Here is a picture on the 1994 jersey

[Image: Marino-1994.jpg]

marinocollector may have more insight but the green in your patch is pretty dark compared to the one depicted. Perhaps it was stained during the game??? I hope Im helping at least a little. lol.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

Looking at the Teal Jersey it looks like its from the Sleeve you can see the Orange/Teal/White scheme..