`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 packs of Rookie Anthology

2 packs of Rookie Anthology
Went on a 3 hour bike ride and while pedeling home figd I stop at the card store. Bought 4 packs of contenders and got jack crap (A jordan staal cup contenders card) Shouldnt have even tested my luck since the last 2 packs I got yeilded a 4 auto booklet & couturier auto. Then the guy said he just got this Rookie Anthology in. I dont get how this set even works, since looking at the back it says it has Crown Royale, Contenders, etc inserts in it... Is it its own set? Or do the inserts go into the sets of the other products. Like say I pull a Rookie Anthology Crown Royale Silhouette, is it a Crown Royale card of an Anthology card??

Anyway I pulled these 2 guys
[Image: rookieanthology.jpg]

Does every pack of this stuff have an insert in it?? I though the Despres card was gonna be a dummy card after I pulled the Erixon. I also thought the Erixon was gonna be a patch card or something cause it was so thick, but its a 2 white jersey swatches...

Anyhoo, I was happy with the Anthology, not so much with the Contenders. And someone please explain to me how this set works?

Thanks
[Image: hitmanbanner2.jpg]
Check us out for PC cards, cards for trade & cards for sale

RE: 2 packs of Rookie Anthology
(06-27-2012, 06:48 PM)irbecards32 Wrote: Went on a 3 hour bike ride and while pedeling home figd I stop at the card store. Bought 4 packs of contenders and got jack crap (A jordan staal cup contenders card) Shouldnt have even tested my luck since the last 2 packs I got yeilded a 4 auto booklet & couturier auto. Then the guy said he just got this Rookie Anthology in. I dont get how this set even works, since looking at the back it says it has Crown Royale, Contenders, etc inserts in it... Is it its own set? Or do the inserts go into the sets of the other products. Like say I pull a Rookie Anthology Crown Royale Silhouette, is it a Crown Royale card of an Anthology card??

Anyway I pulled these 2 guys
[Image: rookieanthology.jpg]

Does every pack of this stuff have an insert in it?? I though the Despres card was gonna be a dummy card after I pulled the Erixon. I also thought the Erixon was gonna be a patch card or something cause it was so thick, but its a 2 white jersey swatches...

Anyhoo, I was happy with the Anthology, not so much with the Contenders. And someone please explain to me how this set works?

Thanks
There are several Anthology insert sets including the Rc Treasures dual mem autos /499, /199 and /99. There is one /99 rc treasures per case. There is also one Luxury Suite (which I assume they are not making this year) auto rc patch /99 in every case. There is a silhouette auto /99, /25 OR a rc treasures auto dual patch /15 in every case. Anthology is it's own set but I think all of the extra cards in it (for the most part) from other sets are only made in the Anthology. It's like extended releases of the previous products mixed in with this product. As far as pricing goes, not sure if it will be priced under Anthology or under the other releases. I was also confused...though very happy with my pulls. So happy in fact, that I called Sports Images (I run a card store) and ordered an extra case just to sit on because I think it will go up.

Player collecting Dominic Smith
[Image: a2b9799d-d00b-4864-9937-c5ed26367c17.jpg]

Cool, so what do you get per box though?? Like how Crown was 2 auto/ 2 jerseys per box. I couldnt find anything that lists the hits per box. Or does every pack contain a jersey or auto card?? For $10 a pack, it seemed like nice deal.

(06-27-2012, 07:06 PM)irbecards32 Wrote: Cool, so what do you get per box though?? Like how Crown was 2 auto/ 2 jerseys per box. I couldnt find anything that lists the hits per box. Or does every pack contain a jersey or auto card?? For $10 a pack, it seemed like nice deal.
It depends, I got 5 autos in one box including two treasures cards, the other boxes had several gu and a couple of autos. There is a bonus auto/patch/jersey per box that comes in a bonus pack. That's the pack I got the Brendan Smith luxury suite auto patch rc /99 in. I think the expectation is 5 hits with 2-3 autos and at least one rc treasures auto mem per box.
Player collecting Dominic Smith
[Image: a2b9799d-d00b-4864-9937-c5ed26367c17.jpg]

not bad
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

Id be interested in the Despres (after Walt only though)
Joe Vitale PC- 104/125= 83% 0 - INCOMING

TRADERS: http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u317/...5/TRADERS/

GAME WORN SITE: http://www.theigloolockerroom.com/

[Image: hughbanner001.png]

Decent hits congrats.....I picked up 2 packs as well......then ordered a box .....then cancelled ,then when I found out the ratio's I reordered ...lol....will pick it up on Friday I will post the results then ....as for the 2 packs I will make a separate post it was so-so but no complaints....can't wait for the box I have a good feeling about this one....

(06-27-2012, 07:53 PM)ty4orce Wrote: Decent hits congrats.....I picked up 2 packs as well......then ordered a box .....then cancelled ,then when I found out the ratio's I reordered ...lol....will pick it up on Friday I will post the results then ....as for the 2 packs I will make a separate post it was so-so but no complaints....can't wait for the box I have a good feeling about this one....
Cant wait to see it... haha just when I told myself im done buying this season and started selling off all my cards for the year, this comes out & draws my attention... hmmm I sold 20 of my lower/mid end hits for $350, maybe Ill reinvest that money into Anthology...

i HATE these bonus packs that you can tell apart....my LCS takes the pack for themselves so the only way i can get such a pack is if i buy an entire box
Wanted:

Sidney Crosby, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

Im sure they all do that with bonus packs... The more expensive LCS I dont usually goto told me they do that when I asked bout the upper deck ice pack that comes with the boxes of black diamond... I think thats pretty fair there. They did buy the box and open it to sell loose packs for that product. If they didnt do it, the first customer into the store after the box was opened would buy that pack everytime.