`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2012 Topps Strata, Chrome, Panini Prestige or Elite ...Which 2 Cases to Buy?

2012 Topps Strata, Chrome, Panini Prestige or Elite ...Which 2 Cases to Buy?
I'm getting that football itch again. I m looking to do a new set or 2 and was looking at these products. I'm thinking of buying a case of 2 of these to break. I thought it would be a good way to jumpstart my interest. I did only 1 case break of Certified last year and overall wasn't happy with most products. I hope that changes this year.

I'M NOT DOING IT FOR PROFIT, BUT FOR THE FUN OF BREAKING A CASE OR TWO.

I say this because I'd love to see which 2 you would buy if making money on the case wasn't a concern. I will be giving most of it away any way, probably to people on this thread.....except for the sets I'm working on of course.

I know a lot of people love Chrome. Most like it for the value/return. I don't particularly care for super refractors myself , plates and different colored parallels of the same card. I'm more partial to on-card autos, but don't have a problem with stickers if it's a nice set. Love the Legends and Veterans in sets as well.

I know where I'm leaning. I'd love to have your input. I'll be posting the breaks here any way.

What would you like to see?

RE: 2012 Topps Strata, Chrome, Panini Prestige or Elite ...Which 2 Cases to Buy?
Strata looks like an interesting product. It looks like a box will sell for around $65, at least thats what I believe I saw it at on BO. I hate Chrome, but the idea of it is growing on me with all the refractors and colors and such. I think Prestige looks better this year than in years past, and same with Elite, but I don't feel like they are going to pack the punch that say Prominence or Momentum look like they can.

Just my two cents..

RE: 2012 Topps Strata, Chrome, Panini Prestige or Elite ...Which 2 Cases to Buy?
Strata and Chrome! Strata looks sick, and Chrome holds better value IMO than Prestige or Elite
[Image: BeckettBanner.jpg]

Jacquizz PC
Total = (259/354) 73%
Total minus 1/1 = (236/252) 94%

Chrome and definitely Elite as one of the two. Chrome for a better return. I like Prestige personally especially with the on card draft autos and the NFL Shield and NFL Draft Patch autos, you cant go wrong with those! Havent seen the Strata so I will have to get back with you on that one. Smile I can only imagine busting a case, much less two. Good luck with whatever you choose!
[Image: IMG_0004-3-1-1-1-1.jpg][Image: dcb5423c-6775-419e-9e21-4965884632ba.jpg]

(06-25-2012, 12:54 PM)nickfromcwe Wrote: Strata looks like an interesting product. It looks like a box will sell for around $65, at least thats what I believe I saw it at on BO. I hate Chrome, but the idea of it is growing on me with all the refractors and colors and such. I think Prestige looks better this year than in years past, and same with Elite, but I don't feel like they are going to pack the punch that say Prominence or Momentum look like they can.

Just my two cents..
I looked at Prominence and was disappointed that the entire product looks to have only sticker autos. Getting spoiled the last 2 seasons, I feel the trend is to have at least some on-card autos.

If you dropped one of the products to replace it with Momentum, which would it be?

This won't affect my decision to buy Certified or some other product later. I'm just looking at the early release and early season products.

strata and chrome for sure.
PC Collections Josh Morgan, Tim Tebow, Brock Marion and Derek Anderson

(06-25-2012, 01:00 PM)mattfastiggi Wrote: Strata and Chrome! Strata looks sick, and Chrome holds better value IMO than Prestige or Elite
I'm thinking of the overall look and not value. I'm partial to the acetate cards and autos.

Do you just like the look of Chrome better than the other products?

If you get the Elite's I'll buy any NYG's you get.
2012 Beckett "Super Collector"

Well my first choice would be Elite. I just love the look of the Acetate kind of cards that should hold a better condition than the traditional cards and could grade quite well if you want to grade a set you put together.
These look like some great and fun sets to put together!
[Image: ScreenShot2012-06-25at21708PM.png]
[Image: ScreenShot2012-06-25at21717PM.png]
And the rookies!
[Image: ScreenShot2012-06-25at21926PM.png]

As for my other, I think Topps Strata looks really interesting. Topps Chrome is always good and looks nice but its the same every year. Strata is a different product and new so I think it would be fun to put together since they are supposed to have shadowbox type cards. A wildcard for ya Mel would be Inception,which comes out in July. I think its gonna be really good like last year and give you a challenge of putting a low #/ed set together!

Hope this helps and cant wait to see what you get!

I would go Elite and Strata. Strata looks like it could be pretty cool and I usually like the look of Elite.
[Image: alanch-1.png]
-Banner Courtesy of rogue655-

Jim Leonhard Needs:
2005 Longevity Holofoil /25
2009 SPx Super Scripts Autographs Eight /8

Joel Effertz Needs:
2013 Bowman Draft Black Paper /1, Black Plate /1, Cyan Plate /1