`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Time For LeBron To Leave Upper Deck!

RE: It's Time For LeBron To Leave Upper Deck!
Panini's exclusive rights I think is up after next season, seems like it was a 3 or 4 year deal. As to the person who said they hoped UD Black basketball would come back, I asked a few weeks ago on Twitter and they said they were bringing it back. I'm waiting for them to release the details about it.

Sure would like a LeBron Heat auto right about now ... congrats to the King!

(06-19-2012, 07:49 PM)kenarm79 Wrote: I don't really know if I want him to sign with Panini. It's just like seeing MJ's sig on a Panini product. I would rather have Topps and UD back. I think most collectors feel the same way. Kobe's older auto's for UD and Topps have sold for more lately because collectors appreciate those products more IMO.
I totally agree. Also, I think panini makes some fugly lookin cards! I know UD is trying to make the most of their college only license, but some of their products are pretty lame. I can wait till panini's monopoly license runs out. I want UD & Topps back in the game (with a pro license!!)

Jus my thoughts Smile
[Image: banner.jpg]
Collecting everything BRETT FAVRE
Packers HOF Autos
**LF/WTB: Packers '97, '98 & '99 Precious Metal Gems & Flair Legacy Collection Parallels!!**

(06-23-2012, 09:48 AM)lambeau legend4 Wrote: I totally agree. Also, I think panini makes some fugly lookin cards! I know UD is trying to make the most of their college only license, but some of their products are pretty lame. I can wait till panini's monopoly license runs out. I want UD & Topps back in the game (with a pro license!!)

Jus my thoughts Smile
Yeah, that would be cool. An SP Authentic triple SOTT with the Big 3 would be crazy.

Or, could you imagine a Topps Chrome on-card auto?

I would crap myself.

I just had a random thought. If Kobe was still with UD after Colorado, and not needing a place to sign, would the NBA have made the deal with Panini? Both Kobe and Lebron with UD plus Durant with Topps, maybe Blake doesn't sign with Panini....

Revisionist history! If only it weren't for the hotel worker and a secret knee surgery.

(06-25-2012, 07:42 PM)therobertogato Wrote: I just had a random thought. If Kobe was still with UD after Colorado, and not needing a place to sign, would the NBA have made the deal with Panini? Both Kobe and Lebron with UD plus Durant with Topps, maybe Blake doesn't sign with Panini....

Revisionist history! If only it weren't for the hotel worker and a secret knee surgery.
Who knows, LOL ...

I personally despise exclusives, because I've always wished that you could pull any auto of any player in any box of cards.

The odds would change based on the checklist and how high or low end the box was, but I've never liked the fact that, for example, for all the nice cards Topps made during LeBron's rookie year, you couldn't pull his auto out of one on their packs.

Can you imagine a Photo Shoot auto of LeBron from 03-04? Crazy!