`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
People ending auctions early....

RE: People ending auctions early....

I'm not saying I like it or not or do it or not, but I definitely see it both ways.

A lot of times people have made offers on my cards, and it'll be slightly less than my BIN price (say, $475 on a card with a $500 BIN) ... but, I would still end up taking more home than paying the ridiculous fees on the final purchase price.

Plus, with delivery confirmation and PayPal, it's pretty hard these days for either the buyer or seller to scam each other.

Put it this way — unlike other former members of the boards, I realize that if I scam someone even one time I run the risk of ruining my reputation that I've worked very hard to maintain over the years.

I also don't really bid on auctions until the final seconds anyway (to avoid both a legit bidding war and shilling), so I don't really ever run into the problem of being the high bidder and then seeing it disappear.

I just flag them in my watched items, and when the time is almost up I get a bid ready to go.

Do I like the system and think it's always fair or appropriate? No.

But if you really want the particular item or are trying to sell the particular item, sometimes you have to make it work.

I've also had buyers that, once they received my cards in such prime condition and with such excellent service (like, low-cost same-day shipping and exceptional packaging), they'll just email me directly about other stuff I may have and we bypass the third party completely.

Believe me, they are making enough money on both sites.

Does everybody pay taxes on a garage sale?

Seller should be banned. If you dont want to sell it on eBay then DONT LIST IT ON EBAY!

Banned? Its no different than a card you want having a rediculous BIN that you wont pay but someone else will. Is that wrong? Ebay is not a game. Its a way to sell things.... And on another comment made, saying someone might not use ebay again. HA! id like to see a collector stop using ebay. Like having a crack head stop smoking crack because he got ripped off. Not gonna happen. You have to be thinking about the possibilities of it happenening and be the one to do it if you want it bad enough. Can't get mad at a buyer for asking a question and being a little more savy than you.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

(06-19-2012, 11:05 PM)Vols-1 Wrote: Seller should be banned. If you dont want to sell it on eBay then DONT LIST IT ON EBAY!
that's rather harsh don't you think? some ebay power sellers who have big store inventory's actually have cards in the cases located in the walk in card shop downtown so if it happens to sell they have to end the item "no longer available" so ebay just couldnt go banning everyone who simply uses the option ebay provides the sellers.

ebay banning sellers rapidly would be rather silly..have you ever heard of the term "don't bite the hand that feeds you"? i am sure ebay knows better it is bad enough they applied the DSR's which are very petty and can actually stop sellers from selling just for having a few 4.6's out of 5 ratings.If ebay decided to go ban happy ebay would destroy everything they built in just a few years.

[Image: PennyBannerFinal.gif]