`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Concerns about autographs fading

Concerns about autographs fading
I was looking into buying a Torry Holt 1999 SPx Rookie Auto for my Top 15 PC. Anyway I came across a lot of them that have faded or no auto left on the card. How can I prevent this from happening to cards that I currently own and is it a mistake to buy one of the Holt SPx cards since they fade so easily (even if it isn't already fading). I'm not really in the financial situation to grade every autograph card I feel like is worth grading. So any advice other than getting them graded would be great.
[Image: Banner.jpg]
Sports Card Album
Contenders Collection
UF: 39/46 (84.8%)
Phins: 14/56 (25.0%)

RE: Concerns about autographs fading
regular lighting and UV rays suck the h-e-double toothpicks out of autos, look at some laying around your LCS, our local guy's autos aren't worth c-rap due to fading Sad

best bet get white stick on address labels and place them over the autos on your top loaders and magnet cases, keeps the damaging light away Smile

What about getting it graded, wouldn't that work?
My Bucket
http://s1000.photobucket.com/albums/af12...nding1973/
[Image: nameplate.jpg]

If I am interested in trading I will send a trade or reply to your post.

Looks like the sharpie started to dry out after it was used too long. Dont buy ones that have started to fade to begin with because they will get worse.

I've heard living in humid places also fade autos, is this true? I keep most of my cards in a box with a top loader or magnetic case, so the lighting isn't really a problem.
[Image: Banner.jpg]
Sports Card Album
Contenders Collection
UF: 39/46 (84.8%)
Phins: 14/56 (25.0%)

I closed out all the windows in my Office and the way I have them displayed on my wall I used UV glass. plus the cases I have them also have UV protection.
Who Dat Nation, Who Dat Pride!!!!!!! I am all about New Orleans and collecting Saints memorabilia.

[Image: imagesCAB5DF6E_zpsc77d5e81.jpg]

http://s448.photobucket.com/home/codenamelawman/index

(06-09-2012, 07:13 PM)jmessick86 Wrote: I've heard living in humid places also fade autos, is this true? I keep most of my cards in a box with a top loader or magnetic case, so the lighting isn't really a problem.
IMO, 90% of the problem is the cheap pen used to sign it with not your storage. The other 10% is probably the cheap foil that reacts with the ink. Nothing you can do if cheap products are used.