`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
show stamped cards

show stamped cards
This may have already been discussed, however here we go!

Whats everyones thoughts on these? My take is they are an after-market alteration that ruins the value. Unless they are made specifically for the show itself that is.

Also what should this do to the market of the remaining cards from the set? If a card /10 is stamped by a card show it leaves 9 actual cards remaining. Would that increase the value of them?

Granted some people love these cards ( to each their own ), they arent for me.

RE: show stamped cards
I suppose they are alterations, but I don't think it ruins the cards. The manufacturers simply put a few to the side (for various reasons no doubt) and add a stamp. The only ones I pay attention to are the Ron Hextall show stamped cards because I try and get all the Hextall cards. I would tend to think most people fall in this category. I have noticed the National Chicago cards seem to sell for a few more dollars than others for some reason.
Collecting all the Ron Hextall Cards especially those
pesky 1 of 1 cards and other low print runs.
I am also collecting Bernie Parent, Pelle Lindbergh,
Antero Niittymaki & other Flyers goalies.
http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/dam1057/

They are definitely a nice addition to a PC ( amazing Hextall collection by the way dam1057 ). I dont get why companies wouldnt pack out an entire print run of the lower numbered cards. Doesnt seem like a fair practise to the consumer.

it depends on the company to be honest and players and types of cards

a few players i dont mind but i wont pay a prem for the card
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

Personally I stay from the cards, even the Patrick Roy ones. I feel that they were not part of the original set and shouldn't have any value. I do see a ton of them arouund, I actually have one by mistake, but I tend to look the other way.
Collecting Patrick Roy and will look at all buckets

Roy PC - https://patrickroycollection.shutterfly.com/pictures/8

As a player collection completionist, I have to get all of them.

Having said that, I hate the stamped expo cards with a passion, especially the pre-lockout ones on base cards that all of a sudden take a card printed in the thousands to #/10, #/5, #1/, etc. They are a real pain to collect and feel like they cost too much when more than $5 is paid for one.

Having said THAT, when you get multiple of the same one grouped together, then it gets a little bit cooler as the print run is closer to completion. Since noone else really looks for the expo stuff, I don't feel like a wanker when I buy and get close to completing a whole expo print run.

I have some all from shows I attended, they are something I will keep but I would not be looking for this sort of thing to add to my pc. I think they have value to some collectors for the very fact that they are unique.

SET COLLECTOR, RYAN SMYTH, BOBBY ORR AND MARTIN ST. LOUIS